Touring French Midi Pyrenees, Med France and Med Spain

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Folks

It looks like a change of plans for this year. My sister has retired to a new home in the French Midi-Pyrenees in a tiny village north of Aspet. St Gaudens, (just off the A64/E80) is the nearest large town.

We, now only us 2 mid-50iers are now planning to visit for our 5 week July/August break and I was wondering if anyone knew the area at all, eg, campsites, things to do and see. We like quieter sites and enjoy walking, (5 mile moderate type!) We, also, have a 3 metre motorised Zodiac inflatable boat we enjoy messing around in.

We wondering about continuing our travels over to Med Spain or France after visiting my big sister. Are those areas as horrendously busy at that time. Driving across into Northern Spain is another option.

I would be interested in suggested routes and stop-overs on the out and homewards. We have a 7.2 m 'van so need sites that can accommodate that size. I had thought of going out by one route and returning another.

ALL answers to ANY of these questions would be gratefully received as the Midi-Pyrenees, Central and Med France are completely virgin territory to us.

Thanks in anticipation.

Tim

G

If you are going down on the A20 Bessines sur Gartampe just north of Limoges is 5 mins off the autoroute a lovely municipal site by a lake and has pitches that will take a big outfit

We reckon Med France will be packed at that time of year but The Ebro delta south of Barcelona which is more remote, maybe quieter, lots of birdlife to see if you like that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts