Tow Car capacity database

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Anyone aware of an on-line searchable database for cars where you can select tow weight range.

3 years ago when I was looking for a car there was a great source http://www.uktow.com/Vehicle-Towing-Capacity.asp
In my case I wanted to know all cars that could tow 2.5T
Most sources jump from 2T to 3.5T

That source seems no more - does anybody know it is hosted elsewhere?

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Frankly I would avoid such data sources. I have just looked through about five sites including Parker's (which you would expect to be correct) and every one of them showed my car as 2000Kg but it is in fact 1825Kg. Try looking for a Passat Estate 2018 2L BMT 150 TDi GT (panorama roof) and if you can find it correct then that is the table you should use.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Not convinced by the towing guide sites as our car does not exist according to one and others have pointed out other mistakes on them. With the mass of data on them some mistakes are inevitable.
Before buying our car I bought a copy of What Car and waded through the power and torque figures for the potential models, I had an idea of the weights but then checked these on the manufacturers web sites and used this as a basis for the choice. A bit of a long job for some people but I was happy with the result.
I do not know of a site where you can ask for all cars with a towing capacity over a certain figure, but it would give you many cars that have the capacity but not the body weight, so you would then be ruling out half the list before you could start the selection.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts