Towing in four wheel drive or two

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Can some one answer this question, on an early post it was said that Mitsubishi stated that when towing you should select 4H, l have been towing with my Shogun in "wheel drive.

Last Friday traded it in for a new SWB Shogun, while their asked the dealer what Mitsubishi recommended they said on tarmac two wheel drive, off muddy fields four wheel drive which is what l thought, can anyone show where MMS state when towing you must be in four wheel drive.

If the latter get ready for a big increase in mph

Nigel H

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I tow with a 07 3.2 shogun and confirm that you should always tow in 4H. I have not noticed any significant increase in fuel consumption.

Nidge

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just to a d under the main heading of Towing in Four Wheel Drive or Two

It does depend on the vehicle and in this months PC mag a NIssan X Trail owner is advised to use 4WD on the road when towing

This is not what Nissan say and will Nissan say damage the transmision if 4WD is used other than in mud/snow/slippery conditions etc

The XT can be used in Auto which will detect slip and seemlessly engage $WD and slippry surfaces

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just to a d under the main heading of Towing in Four Wheel Drive or Two

It does depend on the vehicle and in this months PC mag a NIssan X Trail owner is advised to use 4WD on the road when towing

This is not what Nissan say and will Nissan say damage the transmision if 4WD is used other than in mud/snow/slippery conditions etc

The XT can be used in Auto which will detect slip and seemlessly engage $WD and slippry surfaces
OOPS 4WD

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Gents thanks for your relies, picked up the Shogun yesterday read the manual and can confirm both Colin and Nidge are correct, manual states when a trailer is towed 4H must be selected.

NigelH

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts