Towing lights

Jun 28, 2022
Visit site
Towing lights stopped working - only one indicator works, but is on all the time. I have changed the 12N socket on the caravan (2013) with a new one, but this has made no difference whatsoever! Not sure what to try next?

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
Can you test the socket on the car with another trailer, or test the caravan on another car?

With everything starting to misbehave at the same time I'd suspect a dodgy earth somewhere, but if you can identify whether it's the car or caravan that's at fault that'll be a big help

Jun 28, 2022
Visit site
Good idea - socket on car is new, so should be OK, I will test as you recommend & eliminate it as an issue.

I suspect there is an earth problem with the caravan, but not sure where to start looking.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Good idea - socket on car is new, so should be OK, I will test as you recommend & eliminate it as an issue.

I suspect there is an earth problem with the caravan, but not sure where to start looking.
Welcome to caravan electrics.....

Often this sort of problem is caused by corrosion on the road light fittings, so start by removing the light lenses and making sure all the electrical connects ( wires and bulbs) are cleaned

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts