Towing Mirrors and Motion Sickness

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

Does anyone else have problems with motion sickness when using towing mirrors? When I use them whilst pulling my caravan, I found it hard to re-focus when I look back at the road and when i do use them I then feel sick and unable to carry on the journey!! I tow with a Discovery 4 and can see the majority of the side of my caravan and enough to enable me to pull out safely knowing that nothing is along side me

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Buzz,
Sorry to read of your motion sickness. It is often related to the difference between what you eyes and ears semi-circular balance canals tell you.
Big 4x4s often have quite noticable roll and pitch which is not always good for sensitive people.
However the mirrors, Towing law requires you have mirrors that provide a view of the rear corners of the trailer with the outfit lined up straight ahead. If you can do that without extension mirrors then I suspect you are compliant, but if you can't achive that then you are deinately non comliant and could be prosecuted.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Have you tried a different sort of towing mirror? Some are flat and some convex; try borrowing a different sort to see if it makes a difference. There is also variation in positioning (strap ons tend to extend outwards but the milenco aero type fastenings put the mirror sort of above the car wing mirrors) this may make a difference.
motion sickness is horrible. Hope you find an answer
mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts