Towing your caravan in wet and windy conditions

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
The weather has been awful lately, hasn't it? You've been chatting about towing in these horrid, wintery conditions on our Facebook page, so here are a few words from Practical Caravan's tow car expert David Motton about towing your caravan in wet and windy weather – click here. Please take care and keep safe out there, as we're sure many of you have plans to get away with half term next week. If in doubt, don't set out!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Surfer said:
TBH if any one does not know that already, maybe you should not be driving any vehicle?
The towing safety advice is most likely to be there mainly to help relatively inexperienced caravanners and as a reminder to old hands. Used in conjunction with correct loading as described here and good maintenance procedures, including correct tyre pressures for tow vehicle and caravan, the advice will hopefully minimise the possibility of accidents or mishaps.

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
I took my grandaughter to a St John Ambulance camp for the weekend at Bradwell on Sea, Essex, last night and the journey there was not too bad but the return journey was a nightmare.
What were passable puddles turned into flooding and I almost hit a tree on an unlit road. It was not down when we took her.
I am just glad that I was not towing. Going to the storage site in a minute to make sure everything is ok but the wind is still strong

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts