Towsure...arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

May 14, 2006
Visit site
Has anybody else recently had problems with Towsure and delivery. I ordered several items over two weeks ago and paid for the standard delivery as it stated 14 days and as i dont need the items for over another week i was happy with this. However as the 14 days has passed i thought i would phone and see what was happening, only to be told 'yes it is now over the 14 days, the order has not been despacthed yet and it doesnt say when it will be, please phone customer services if your not happy, but they are closed for today' Really helpful woman!!! The really frustrating part of all of this is the day after the order was placed the money was debited from my account. I cant wait for 9.00am tomorrow morining!!!

Sorry about the little rant, but it does say in the sub title 'to let off steam'

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
Lee

I had the same problem, mine took 20days to arrive. I phoned up after about two weeks and had a rant a the girl on the phone. Told her I would never use them again and that they were certainly quick taking the money. She apologised blah blah blah. There are other companies out there with a quicker turnaround, but neccessarily the same choice.

regards

Ian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The very reason that I stopped using Towsure years ago.

I would bet money on the fact that they have debited your Credit Card for the items that they can't yet supply.

The word "sharks" springs to mind.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
If you do not like Towsure for this reason avoid Amazon - the cheaper delivery option means that if you buy something that is in stock mid november it will not turn up until Xmas eve (yes Xmas Eve - by which time I or the wife have had to buy a replacement for fear of it not arriving.

This has happened to me several times at Xmas now - hence no longer use them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Only ever dealt with Towsure once and not impressed, so would not bother again. Seem to remember being 'helped' by a very patronising lady on the phone!

Cannot praise Amazon highly enough, use them very frequently and have always used basic delivery option and never had a problem.

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
It seems as though I have been the lucky one then because I have used Towsure 4 times in the last 6 months and not had a problem.

Used the standard delivery and received the goods within 2 days.

Never had a problem with Amazon either.

Steve

May 18, 2007
Visit site
I have used Towsure a number of times for larger items such as Fiamma canopy and Dorema frames.

In both cases the items ordered which weren't a stock item arrived quicker form the manufacturer than stock items like light fittings !!

A frame from Dorema,ordered through Towsure,arrive in 2 days whereas the lights took 2 weeks !!! Go figure.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
I'm another that used them once about two years ago and never again. Took my money on the day of order and the half dozen items arrived a various times between a week and over a month. I used them initially because I thought they were cheaper, should have checked cos most of the items were cheaper at my local van shop.

Jun 17, 2007
Visit site
we also had some problems with towsure,i placed a phone order for two of the loungers they were selling,special offer,i purposely rang rather than did it on line to make sure all items were in stock and was told over the phone yes they were, went ahead with order everything ok,waited five days rang them to see if any had been despatched no they had'nt but all in stock but could take the full fourteen days to arrive, still not a problem waited until the fifteen days were up rang the order line to check on order only to be told the two chairs were out of stock had'nt been in stock and opperator could'nt understand why they had'nt informed me of the stock shortage at the time of ordering thus to say i would'nt have proceeded with the order,my credit card charged full amount at time of order, when i asked for a refund pointing out that as far as i was aware the items were in stock was told they could'nt have been,anyway asked for a refund was told that my account would be credited whithin three days left it at that went away on weekend unable to check account, on sunday six days later no refund rang next day finaly got my refund after another wait of four days,towsure wont be getting my buisness again.h.

Sep 1, 2006
Visit site
Might be worth checking out..

www.thecaravanshop.co.uk

I ordered some items in the afternoon and they arrived the next morning.

You can also use "Paypal" if so inclined.

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
It seems as though I have been the lucky one then because I have used Towsure 4 times in the last 6 months and not had a problem.

Used the standard delivery and received the goods within 2 days.

Never had a problem with Amazon either.

Steve
I was about to say the same, never had a problem with either

May 14, 2006
Visit site
Just for other peoples information, after a phone call to Towsure customer services informing them that i was taking advice from the CAB about being charged for goods prior to despatch, strangly the day after my order arrived, which included items that customer services had told me were out of stock!!! Amazing!!! needless to say i wont be using them again i will look at other suppliers as suggested on this forum.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Birminghams Towsure branch is not far from us so we visit there now and again. While the young staff members there try to help and are polite and friendly they don't know much about the goods that they sell. There tends to be a majority of young staff members who are overseen by a thirty something but it's always best to shop there with prior knowledge about any products that you want to buy because the staff don't appear to have been given any training or information and you take pot luck sometimes in finding a catalogue listed item in the store.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
We have the same problem with the young staff in the Sheffield branch of Towsure. Nobody seems to know much about anything! I was informed, when I queried this, that it was because they mainly dealt with mail order! In my book that is not an excuse but they seem to get away with it.

Ann

Oct 28, 2007
Visit site
Yes i too have been annoyed by towsure and yes after 14 days my goods hadnt arived when i rang they said it had to be 14 working days, i kicked up a fuss and they sent my items next day delivery free of charge. Will never use them again!!

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi there

Yes Towsure have gone down hill over the last year. You could place a order with them one day and it was there with you within 48hrs.Now all you get is hole in bank account and no goods.

I have now started getting my item from Riversway leisure or go in person to Towsure.

Steve

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I must badmit that I have never had a problem with Towsure and actually received an order last week for a number of goods withi four days of ordering.

Judging by other comments though it is worth being aware that there are problems with this retailer!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts