Troutbeck head cc site

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

We have just booked to goto troutbeck head cc site in August and i was woundering if any of you have been there before just to give us some reveiws into the site and if any of yous used the facilities at Rookin house farm centre where you can go go-karting and quad riding and other activities.

Thanks,

Andy

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi Andy,

We stayed at Troutbeck for 8 nights last August and can confirm this is up to the usual high standards of the Caravan Club. Surrounding scenery is also stunning although nothing really in walking distance in terms of ammenities.

Can be rather busy in August - we paid extra for the serviced pitches which are in are a little away from the main body of the park - although the views from these pitched are not as good.

Keswick is about 8/9 miles away, however we found that to reach the Kendal area or South Lakes it is quite a trail every day.

Did not use Rookin House facilities but the family on the pitch opposite did and thoroughly enjoyed.

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

Troutbeck Head is a wonderfull "remote" site with good views from most pitches and excellent toilet blocks . Have been tere many times at Christmas and in the Summer.There is plenty to see and do in the northen lakes. It is not a site to use if you want to visit the southern lakes ( except to visit Lakeland Plastics with her indoors )!!

The northern lakes are less crowded than the southern lakes. You tend not to get so many day trippers who just drive round in their cars, go home, and say they have seen the Lakes.

I can recommend the Mill Inn at Mungrisedale for lunch or dinner.A real old fashioned Inn.

Hamer

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stayed at Troutbeck Head 3 Weeks ago. Beautiful site. All the CC standards plus a games room. Looked round Rookin but did not use. Looks great. Nice walks from site as well - not too strenuous. I would definitely go again. Sat out in Sun Saturday afternoon and woke to 3 inch of snow Sunday! Nearest pub for a meal is at top of road at junction with A66. Too far to walk!

DavidC

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts