Truma AC Remote

Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
Hi Folks,

My Truma Saphir IR AC remote is broken, i'm waitng for the replacment to be delivered but it's going to be 2 weeks - Is there anything I can use as a temp solution.

If it was a household AC unit (GE, Panasonic, etc) I could download a universal android AC Infrared remote - but none of them seem to list Truma as a manufacturer? I'm hoping that Truma uses the same remotes as a household manufacturer but I don't know which.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
An overheating caravan dweller.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Wow, just looked, good news, free delivery and they have 3. Down side, £250 each.

How cold are you!

Does is not have manual controls?

Amazon do some universal A/C controls. Perhaps researching the manufacturers might help. One for One

John

Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
250???? That is complete robbery. I've already ordered a replacement direct from Truma for about €120 - won't get here for a couple of weeks however.

It's between 25 & 30 degrees where I am - very sweaty during the day.

So I just spent the past few hours going through every model from every maker ( the android apps have a profile for each ) & & I found the one I was looking for :)

So turns out the Truma Saphir uses the same IR profile as one of the Electrolux models.

i'm right now standing with my face in a blast of cold air.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have the Truma Aventa Comfort. I wonder if the same app will operate it? Would you mind identifying the app and I will try it the next time we are away. Thanks.

Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
Sure, the Amdroid app I used is called Smart AC Remote - All AC Universal Remote Control. Your phone needs to have an IR port for it to work - Older Androids have them but they are becoming less common.
Once you run the app choose Electrolux as the manufacturer - the app then gets you to test each profile.

For mine the 3rd profile worked. It doesn't have all of the remote options though, the ones that worked were on/off, temp+/-, FanSpeed+/- , Those are all I need really.

I'd be curious to see if yours works too.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Sure, the Amdroid app I used is called Smart AC Remote - All AC Universal Remote Control. Your phone needs to have an IR port for it to work - Older Androids have them but they are becoming less common.
Once you run the app choose Electrolux as the manufacturer - the app then gets you to test each profile.

For mine the 3rd profile worked. It doesn't have all of the remote options though, the ones that worked were on/off, temp+/-, FanSpeed+/- , Those are all I need really.

I'd be curious to see if yours works too.

Thanks downloaded it. Now to remember in 2 weeks time when we go out that I have downloaded it. LOL!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
As in a previous thread I started, I am a App phobic, When a button or swith can be used why not, Blue teeth, Yellow fangs whatever, I hate them, for a TV maybe, or as Mrs H comes back from the Loo,
Bye the way Darling can you get me another cider from the fridge "Please"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts