Truma cp plus loss of symbol

Apr 8, 2022
Visit site
The Truma cp control panel on my 2016 Sterling Eccles has lost the electrical heating symbol on the fuel source options, ie gas, mix, electric 1 &2. I have the gas symbol but it just jumps over where the double electric should be
The boiler will work on gas but not on battery or EHU. The 230v symbol does show in the bottom right so power is there.
Checked both fuses, ok
Long conversations with Truma resulted in me buying and trying a new data cable that connects circuit board and control panel, no joy.
Then they offered to test both the control panel and circuit board in their workshop, but both are OK with no faults. I am awaiting their safe return via Royal Mail. They have no new ideas and suggest I get a Truma qualified engineer to look at it, earliest date available is July.
I am hoping for a simple solution like a reset button or procedure.
Anyone had this problem before and how was it fixed.

Dec 23, 2022
Visit site
Hello, I'v just come across your post while looking to troubleshoot exactly the same problem!

Truma said I'd have to go to a dealer so they could "(I think she said) to disconnect and reconnect power and do a software update"

Did you get yours sorted and is it something someone with a bit of 'knowhow' could manage?

Thank you
Tracey

Feb 13, 2023
Visit site
Hello
We have just taken delivery of a new second hand caravan and are having the same issue with the control panel. Most of the symbols have disappeared.
Did you ever find a solution? We are currently away in February with two young children and it’s 4 degrees at night, so keen to get some heating! Thank you.

Dec 23, 2022
Visit site
Hello, my husband is actually ringing Rachel (only lady that can talk through it) on the tech line at Truma today 01283 587900. If she can't talk him through a reset, it will have to go into a Truma dealer .... apparently, they will 'disconnect the power to the panel and reconnect it' .... or at lease that was my understanding of what she said!!!! Perhaps try ringing Rachel?

Reactions: Jcloughie
Feb 13, 2023
Visit site
Hello, my husband is actually ringing Rachel (only lady that can talk through it) on the tech line at Truma today 01283 587900. If she can't talk him through a reset, it will have to go into a Truma dealer .... apparently, they will 'disconnect the power to the panel and reconnect it' .... or at lease that was my understanding of what she said!!!! Perhaps try ringing Rachel?
That’s really useful thank you for futur
As the fuse had blown (but it wasn’t obviously blown), the panel couldn’t detect the heater, so it wasn’t displaying the symbols.
My husband changed the fuse and did a soft reset on the panel, we did have the setting symbol still showing, but after the above, it worked!
Apparently if you have a multimeter you can check if the heater is getting power. First point would be to check the blade fuse. Apologies if this has been covered, I haven’t re read the entire thread.

Reactions: Jcloughie and Hutch
Dec 23, 2022
Visit site
Just in case anyone else stumbles on to this thread in future - Truma talked my husband through re-setting the panel to reinstate the electric icon. The motorhome happened to be plugged into the mains at the time, but Truma didn't ask about this, so will assume not important! He was told to power down the 12v panel and leave for 2 full minutes. Then turn 12v panel on and leave for 10 seconds. Then power on the Truma contol panel .... navigate to the spanner .... navigate to full re-set and click button. The icons all miraculously re-appeared.

TRENDING THREADS