Truma Crystal Maxi Pump

Sep 23, 2019
Visit site
Hi, we have a 2006 Adria with a Truma Crystal water pump (the ones with the little securing flaps)
We were away in the New Forest the other week with no problems, just got back from Lickpenny & the pump system has been playing up.
Nothing has changed since the last trip.
The pump has constantly been working, turn the taps on & air came out & we had good powerful flow...but the pump kept running & running.
If i wiggled the water connection outside it would stop,but then start pretty much straight way.

Could this be a faulty pressure switch? I doubt its the pump as it works (i could be wrong)

Can anyone throw any light on this or is it a dealer/mobile thing?

Also I've never liked the little flaps securing the pump, can this be upgraded to say a Whale system?

Cheers

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
The presure switches are voltage sensitive so may need adjustment between battery and mains, or if the battery is getting a bit low.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Chromedome,

First of all the symptoms you have described tell me two things. First the fact that when you turn the taps on you get air out followed water tells me you have a leak somewhere. Air should not be able to get into the system unless you run out of water.

Secondly the fact the pump continues to run when the taps are closed tells me the system is not being pressurised enough to trip the pressure switch.

These two symptoms may be related or it could be sheer coincidence.

You do need to check all the pipework and taps for any sign of leakage. I assume you have a water heater, and these do have drain valves. Are they properly closed. If you have a truma water heater its drain valve discharges under the caravan, and if its leaking then it could explain the air in the system.

But the other point of leakage you need to check is if the non return valve in the coldwater feed in teh caravan has failed. If it leaks it dumps the water back into the cold water storage tank through teh pipework so you cant see the leak. Best to check the water level in the cold tank or aquaroll, wait a few minuets and check it again, if its risen more than a few mm the inlet non return valve must be suspect.

As for running the pump without a battery, Whilst it appears to work for you, the current the pump needs may be stretching teh 12V power supply fitted to the caravan. I would suggest as you have the mover battery it would make a lot of sense to connect into teh caravan circuit to help smooth out teh current when your using the pump and any other applainces.

Reactions: Chromedome73
Sep 23, 2019
Visit site
Hello Chromedome,

First of all the symptoms you have described tell me two things. First the fact that when you turn the taps on you get air out followed water tells me you have a leak somewhere. Air should not be able to get into the system unless you run out of water.

Secondly the fact the pump continues to run when the taps are closed tells me the system is not being pressurised enough to trip the pressure switch.

These two symptoms may be related or it could be sheer coincidence.

You do need to check all the pipework and taps for any sign of leakage. I assume you have a water heater, and these do have drain valves. Are they properly closed. If you have a truma water heater its drain valve discharges under the caravan, and if its leaking then it could explain the air in the system.

But the other point of leakage you need to check is if the non return valve in the coldwater feed in teh caravan has failed. If it leaks it dumps the water back into the cold water storage tank through teh pipework so you cant see the leak. Best to check the water level in the cold tank or aquaroll, wait a few minuets and check it again, if its risen more than a few mm the inlet non return valve must be suspect.

As for running the pump without a battery, Whilst it appears to work for you, the current the pump needs may be stretching teh 12V power supply fitted to the caravan. I would suggest as you have the mover battery it would make a lot of sense to connect into teh caravan circuit to help smooth out teh current when your using the pump and any other applainces.

Thanks I will get it checked, that makes more sense to me.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts