Truma Ultraflow compact not stopping pumping

Mar 13, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I've recently brought a 2014 Bailey Pursuit (which has been a bit of a nightmare to be honest) with a Truma Ultraflow compact pump and a truma smart switch. I've filled the barrel and put the pump into the water, then conected it up to the caravan, switched the pump on and it wont stop. I realise it shoudl run on a little, however it doesn't stop after a few minutes. It pumps water when the tap is on, but makes a constant (quieter) noise when the tap is off.
I have two pumps, so have tried both, the same thing happens.
I have checked the truma drain is shut and have run the water through all the taps to ensure there is no air.
I have also tried cleaning and oiling the pump/ caravan seals and no water is escaping.
The only thing I can do is switch the pump power off each time I stop using it.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!

Mar 13, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I've recently brought a 2014 Bailey Pursuit (which has been a bit of a nightmare to be honest) with a Truma Ultraflow compact pump and a truma smart switch. I've filled the barrel and put the pump into the water, then conected it up to the caravan, switched the pump on and it wont stop. I realise it shoudl run on a little, however it doesn't stop after a few minutes. It pumps water when the tap is on, but makes a constant (quieter) noise when the tap is off.
I have two pumps, so have tried both, the same thing happens.
I have checked the truma drain is shut and have run the water through all the taps to ensure there is no air.
I have also tried cleaning and oiling the pump/ caravan seals and no water is escaping.
The only thing I can do is switch the pump power off each time I stop using it.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!

Worked it out. Its a very poor design by Truma, the submersable pump's connection to the bendy pipe requires a reducer to change the diameter and this reducer has a notch running along its entire length. At pressure, water can spray back down this notch, requiring the pump to run constantly at a low rate.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts