Truma ultraheat thermostat.

May 6, 2019
Visit site
I am getting a fault where the heater overheats. The thermostat will not control. I switch the heater mains supply off and let heater cool down. After a while I try the heater and the stat works for a while and then stops and the heater overheats again.
2008 Swift Challenger.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This could be a wiring connection plug not fully locked into place, With the power off it may be worth checking anny connectors you can get at.

Otherwise it reads more like a circuit board fault, and propbaly best refered to a qualifeid techie.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It sounds like the upper temp limit switch has failed, and this is located on the outside of the control box which is behind the gas fire.
As it will entail the removal of the gas fire and the necessary replacement of flue seal and gas tightness checks you are best advised to get a mobile engineer to look at it.

Whilst he is changing the upper limit stat, get him to change the lower limit stat too as this will be the next to fail.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Damian, Do you have an electrical circuit for the heating including thermostat mounted remotely?
Truma_Dials.JPG

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts