TV ariel inside touring caravans

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Hi Everyone,
I'm looking for recommendations on an inside Ariel to have in a caravan.
The ariel on the roof and the booster for it don't do much good.
I'm struggling to find a decent Ariel that gets lots of free view channels and perfect signal.
I've got one currently that gets loads of channels but crap signal and the fuzziness is annoying me so much.
Any suggestions?
Many thanks
:) B)

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Sounds as if you have a flying saucer type ariel on your van? Try changing that to directional type and booster or a free standing directional on a pole.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
You are inside a metal box in a caravan and an inside aerial is unlikely to work. The roof aerial should work although the circular ones are not as good as the directional ones but if the picture is bad on several sites then I think there is a fault, possibly it needs a new amplifier but there could be other things wrong. The cheapest option is an outdoor directional one on a pole or with suckers to stick to the side of the caravan but make sure it is digital ready.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Raywood said:
but make sure it is digital ready.

There is no such thing as a 'digital' aerial, be it ready or not. The carrier wave from the transmitter to the aerial did not change at 'the great switchover' and it is the carrier wave that the aerial receives. We still have the same TV aerial at home for domestic TV that we've had for 35 years. ;) Aerial supply/fitting persons made a killing on supplying new aerials when they weren't needed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts