Tyre prices rising

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I was looking at getting my daughter some new tyres next month as she’s having a to commute 30+ miles across Salisbury Plain from now until end of February, mostly for early or late shift patterns. She has a Focus and pricing some Bridgestone All Weather Control A005s they came out at a similar price to what I paid in December 2015. Her tyres are 16 inch mine are 18 inch and wider. So I refreshed my order and current price has risen by 15% compared to eight months back. The good point I guess is that I’ve put less than 1500 miles on the tyres since I bought them. Standing by for many more price rises in many areas. 😪

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I always ring around and check the websites of some multiples and local fitters to check prices. My last caravan tyres were cheapest fitted on my driveway by one of the multiples which also saved me towing off to get the job done at a depot. If you belong to one of the clubs then you can get discounts from certain suppliers too, but this may still work out dearer than other offers.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
This is the time of year when Winter tyres and All-season tyres rise in price - simply because demand rises as winter approaches

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I always ring around and check the websites of some multiples and local fitters to check prices. My last caravan tyres were cheapest fitted on my driveway by one of the multiples which also saved me towing off to get the job done at a depot. If you belong to one of the clubs then you can get discounts from certain suppliers too, but this may still work out dearer than other offers.

Understood but by comparing the quoted tyres for my car against what I paid last year gave me the information on price increase on a like for like from the same supplier. But like you I spend time trawling the websites and fitting center prices, and will sometimes ring for a price match, which if okay gives the local outlet a better profit. Some of my best purchases have been with tyres shipped in from the EU, particularly Germany and the Netherland.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts