Tyre PSI

Apr 11, 2007
Visit site
Any idea's what PSI the tyres should be on my 1990 Swift Challenger???

THey look a little flat to me which explains why it wobbles so much when towing!

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Jim,

Sorry don't know the PSI but when reading your post thought of a previous van I had which also had tyres which appeared flat. No matter what pressure I put into them they still seemed under inflated. This was many years ago before I understood the need to replace caravan tyres every six years or so. I note your van is a 1990 model, do you know the age of the tyres?

Robert

Apr 11, 2007
Visit site
Nte sure on the age, I'd say not too old as tread is hardley used and there's no cracking etc, maybe I should invest in some new ones anyway

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Jim,

There is a way of telling the date of manufacture of tyres from markings on the tyre wall. Not too sure of this exactly but hopefully someone else could confirm or give clearer explanation.

My understanding is that on tyre wall is a 3 digit number, the first two refer to the week of the year and the last refers to the last digit of the year, therefore 235 would mean the 23rd week of the year 2005. That does need to be confirmed as the correct formula though.

Robert

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts