UK site is rubbish

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I have just returned from a site that was still in the 60's, well there toilet/shower block was.
The problem is we have been spoiled with excellent sites in Devon.
I will not name and shame, and did not complain, so my fault.
That nearly rhymed.
Reg

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I`m glad your out and about how was Harley.We were at ferry meadows last weekend we hed no probs there but some unhappy campers on here.Hope good times return to you soon

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi Reg. I dont think you should tell the Forum that you were at a "60"s Site and were not happy with the standard of the toilets/showers without naming the Site. You should name and shame and give the owner an opportunity to explain,and also warn other vanners to be aware of the poor standards there. However,i hope it did not spoil your holiday.........cheers jimmy

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Reg
Just tell us when you have posted on UK Campsites. We can all look then.
Wasn't it free love in the 60s
smiley-tongue-out.gif

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello Reg. Sorry you have had a bit of a bad experience I hope you were able to laugh it off and still enjoy your Break. Having read your post I am unable to resist A similar heading on my post:- I have just spent 4 nights on a CL in Lincolnshire. My loose reference to the sixties was because the site owners were so welcoming we were made to feel like long lost friends. We were offered hard standing or beautifully cut grass to pitch on, The site had a disabled toilet and a shower room (also with a toilet) both of these facilities were very clean and tidy and both had substantional heating in them. The shower worked on a twenty Pence honesty box system. Also the owners wouldn't hear of us paying untill we were ready to leave. They then charged us £28 for the four nights £7 per night, and were almost offended when I gave them £30 and told them not to bother with the change. Having recently felt for the first time ever the need to complain to the CC about a previous site that we stayed on again in Lincolnshire I was taken back by the old fashioned honesty and generosity of these site owners. All the best with where ever you get too with future outings. Regards Brian

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
It is always a disapointment when you stay at a rubbish site and its just as bad when you stay at one that is both rubbish and expensive..We to have been spoiled by superb sites in devon ..little cotton park {dartmouth} fabulous site.We tried to book a site in betsy coed north wales mid season I asked about their tarrif and it came to.£29 per night..I worked it out that we could travel down to devon spend a fprtnight there come back have a full tank of fuel left and it would have been cheaper..sometimes these big sites price themselves out of buisness anyway good luck next time..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts