Update to Archies Campings (POIs for 33,000 campsites) March 2020

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
On line from 01/03/2020 is a new update to Archies Campings March 2020. For anyone who doesn’t know, Archies is a website from which you can download the POIs for more than 33,000 campsites throughout Europe, including in the UK. There is also access to an App which can be used on-line or off-line, giving the same information. This has a small cost, but includes lifetime updates of all the information. ‘Archie’ and a few volunteers work tirelessly on the information to keep it up to date, and here is Archie’s latest message to users:
“Due to all the changes that took place on January 1, there were some errors in some files that were online. Some files were also missing, particularly in the UK folder. I apologize for these imperfections. Hopefully all files are now error-free online.
This time, a huge amount of data has changed, especially in the opening dates and the telephone numbers in Denmark and the former Yugoslavia (Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Macedonia and Serbia). In these countries I have added quite a few extra campsites to the database. Thanks to the feedback from someone visiting the Scandinavian countries, a number of campsites have been added in Sweden.
If you have plans to visit one of these countries, it is vital to download the latest information.
And as always, please, if you find anything which isn’t 100% correct, let me know!!!
Please can I ask anyone reading this to share it with other Facebook groups, on other camping, caravanning and motorhome forums, as well as any other groups and forums where you think the information might be useful.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
On your SatNav, if you download the correct file format for your make/model they will appear as POI's, on the App they are viewed in conjunction with Google Earth.

Whilst I volunteer to help 'Archie' out we don't actually rely on our SatNav or Apps to find sites - preferring the old methods of navigating, with a map and a campsite guide book! So I'll leave it to others to answer in more technical detail.

Reactions: JTQ

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Val.
I have tried unsuccessfully with the C&CC CS version to test it out.
It sets my Google Earth used on a PC, going off in a corrupted manner.

From this I assume it is encrypted and needs a funded App to decode it in some way?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts