Urgent Help Please

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As a result of some family problems it is now a last minute panic to book for France (Brittany) Sailing Plymouth - Roskoff. What legal paperwork will I require for health, insurances, etc. Your earliest response would be very much appreciated as I am hoping to book next week (God willing there are vacanacies). Thank you in anticipation.

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Hi Colin,

Not a definative amswer, but you need the vehicle registration document, a copy of your insurance certificate is recommended ( make sue you`re covered for foreign use) E111 cards (get health treatment on NHS, forms from Post Office if you haven`t got them).

If you wear glasses you need to carry a spare pair, you need a spare bulb kit, and carry a reflective jacket/waistcoat (not sure if its required but advised). You also must have a warning triangle.

Oh, and on the off-chance there is any security at the port, a passport may be useful, but everyone else gets in without one so I wouldn`t worry too much.

Hope this is of some help, have a good time.

G

Caravan Club should be able to sort out last minute bookings if you are a member and travel insurance. You may be lucky to get caravan on to the Plymouth ferry at this short a notice. The savings via Dover Calais/Dunkerke should just about cover the extra mileage costs.

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Colin,

Not a definative amswer, but you need the vehicle registration document, a copy of your insurance certificate is recommended ( make sue you`re covered for foreign use) E111 cards (get health treatment on NHS, forms from Post Office if you haven`t got them).

If you wear glasses you need to carry a spare pair, you need a spare bulb kit, and carry a reflective jacket/waistcoat (not sure if its required but advised). You also must have a warning triangle.

Oh, and on the off-chance there is any security at the port, a passport may be useful, but everyone else gets in without one so I wouldn`t worry too much.

Hope this is of some help, have a good time.
I know your comment about passports was tongue incheek, but when we got back to poole from Cherbourge every caravan was searched for ilegals, they have been breaking into caravans & getting over here

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts