Urgent need of site near Portsmouth

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone please recommend a site we can use close to Portsmouth. We have a ferry crossing booked this Sunday (20th) and we normally park on the ferry car park overnight before sailing. However due to the horrendous forecast for the coming weekend, we intend to travel down from Yorkshire two or three days early and would like to locate a 'safe' (not likely to get trapped in) site near the ferry terminal. I'm presuming that the port authorities would take a dim view of an extended stay on their car park ? Has anyone any suggestions, please.

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
If you are a Caravan Club member there is a great CL at Fareham named Carefree Nurseries page357 in 2013 Club Directory, or the Caravan Club site at Rookesbury Park, my choice would be Carefree a lovely little sit with H/Standings and Hook-up

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Many thanks, Admiral, for the information, and my apologies for the late reply. On site now near Benidorm and I've just picked up your reply. In the event, I was driven to chance my arm on the ferry carpark and was on there 3 nights. Port Security appreciated that I had travelled early to beat the snow (which I did by a mere whisker) but they indicated that they normally expect anyone would want to stay only one night and even then only after reporting to them on arrival. I found them to be very friendly and considerate.

Again, many thanks, Admiral.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts