Using Bobby Dazzler

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi.
Just wondering how members here use Bobby Dazzler on the caravan.
I have a week off in May to empty caravan then wash ready for its service.
The van is very dirty having been untouched for about 6 months(black streaks,mould etc..).
Will use Fenwicks to give it a good clean then I'm thinking of purchasing Bobby Dazzler for the final rinse.
I was going to wash then rinse it off at storage compound,but was wondering when is the best time to apply the Bobby Dazzler.
Immediately after rinsing whilst van is still wet,(I have one of those 5ltr.garden sprayers that I could mix up a solution) and apply straight away,or can I return it to its parking space (about 20 minutes until its stored)and then apply the solution.
Also,do members just allow it to dry naturally,or microfibre/chamois it after application?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I think the instructions say put it in the rinse water, but I have used it as a spray after washing with good results. I just leave it to dry naturally, that may be me being lazy, the thought of going over a whole van with a micro fibre cloth scares me.

Luckily I don't need to bother now with diamond finish applied. But the van is 6 years old so I imagine that is wearing off by now.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I go by the instructions on the container. After using Fenwicks Cleaner I hose the caravan down with a fresh water rinse. We live in a hard water area. So after spraying the Bobby Dazzler I just go over the van with a microfibre mop and cloth. It doesn’t require anything other than a gentle going over otherwise you might get hard water spots. Same in sunlight on a warms day. It’s certainly not an onerous task. Here’s the guide:

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Many thanks for replies.
If there's no-one waiting to use the wash after me,I think I would apply the Bobby Dazzler whilst its still wet and then gently wipe over with a microfibre.

Is 1 capfull enough in 5 ltrs of water?
Thanks again👍

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have Bobby Dazzler I would follow the instructions they are very straight forward after a quick rub over with a dry cloth will remove any water marks and leave a nice shine to your caravan

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Thank you👍
Just one more query,after using the Bobby Dazzler,if I was to use some "waterless cleaner and polish"after arriving onsite,would this then remove the Bobby Dazzler I've previously applied ?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes I think it would as Fenwicks description seems to say that it can be removed by Fenwicks cleaner and hence doesn’t build up residues on the surface. So I guess a waterless cleaner might do the same. But if you plan to polish it on site doesn’t it defeat the idea of BD unless you apply it quite a while before setting off.
I belong to the minimalist school of detailing caravans. Sites are to be enjoyed and I’ve never washed a van on site. Do that on arrival home before storing it. But as Beachball would say “ .........”

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Thank you otherclive.
No,I wouldn't actually polish it onsite,just to remove any dirt thats accumulated on way to the site.
Unfortunately, on returning to storage(normally on Saturdays),there's usually someone using the wash area and only enough room to reverse 1 van up at a time.
I do however,only work 3 miles from storage compound so could always pop up after work to wash,rinse and re-apply Bobby Dazzler.
I would imagine that after its been coated with BD,its going to be a bit easier to wash any dirt off(not like the mammoth task I have ahead of me shortly).😒

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thank you otherclive.
No,I wouldn't actually polish it onsite,just to remove any dirt thats accumulated on way to the site.
Unfortunately, on returning to storage(normally on Saturdays),there's usually someone using the wash area and only enough room to reverse 1 van up at a time.
I do however,only work 3 miles from storage compound so could always pop up after work to wash,rinse and re-apply Bobby Dazzler.
I would imagine that after its been coated with BD,its going to be a bit easier to wash any dirt off(not like the mammoth task I have ahead of me shortly).😒
Our has been in storage since early November. I went to check it out a couple of weeks ago and it looked good enough to go away in. I had used Fenwicks Cleaner, Bobby Dazzler and then Overwintering. But admittedly I don’t have to contend with anything like the tree around your caravan. Ours is in the middle of a very large area with few trees.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Before we put the cover on in October it was washed & waxed from top to bottom and we took the breathable cover off it yesterday it look like new caravan lovely and shiny you could take it straight out .

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Yesterday I purchased a bottle of Sonax Extreme off Amazon which is a waterless polish. It is supposed to be the best on the market.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
On the subject of Bobby Dazzler, I have always used it, but if I am being honest, I cannot tell whether its doing anything at all.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
There are some references to "Waterless Polish" in this thread, which are confusing. What people are referring to, is a "Quick Detailer" which are akin to a spray wax.

This is often called a 'waterless' cleaning product, which it is to a limited extent; I think it is intended for removing light dust, fingerprints, and such from a car/caravan, fine, but not for proper cleaning. Personally I use a Quick Detailer (Auto Glym or Meguairs) in preparation for the towing cover when onsite, but this will be a cleaned pre-trip.

I can't really find much about Bobby Dazzler - i.e. what does it contain? But it just seems to be spray wax which has been concentrated. I can't imagine a Quick Detailer would remove it, but as Fenwick's makes no claims on its performance or longevity, I do not imagine that is has much durability, so who knows?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
There are some references to "Waterless Polish" in this thread, which are confusing. What people are referring to, is a "Quick Detailer" which are akin to a spray wax.

This is often called a 'waterless' cleaning product, which it is to a limited extent; I think it is intended for removing light dust, fingerprints, and such from a car/caravan, fine, but not for proper cleaning. Personally I use a Quick Detailer (Auto Glym or Meguairs) in preparation for the towing cover when onsite, but this will be a cleaned pre-trip.

I can't really find much about Bobby Dazzler - i.e. what does it contain? But it just seems to be spray wax which has been concentrated. I can't imagine a Quick Detailer would remove it, but as Fenwick's makes no claims on its performance or longevity, I do not imagine that is has much durability, so who knows?
The Sanox is a spray wax and you do need to ash the vehicle first. It removes any residue dirt or dust.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

It’s akin to Demon Shine. It will provide globulisation but not as long as for a wax.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
The Sanox is a spray wax and you do need to ash the vehicle first. It removes any residue dirt or dust.

If you purchased Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer, then its definitely a Quick Detail Spray. Does contain protection, but is a multifunction product.

I have used GTechniq C2 as my post-wash protection, for both car and caravan for a few years now. However, I bought their Easy Coat product and found it is great for Caravan application; it is sprayed on via a hosepipe connection and is spray-on-rinse-off, which is great for doing the roof and sides in a few seconds flat.

Most cleaning/protection products I buy now come from GTechniq or Bilt Hamber. Probably wouldn't buy anything from Fenwick's for cleaning.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If you purchased Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer, then its definitely a Quick Detail Spray. Does contain protection, but is a multifunction product.

I have used GTechniq C2 as my post-wash protection, for both car and caravan for a few years now. However, I bought their Easy Coat product and found it is great for Caravan application; it is sprayed on via a hosepipe connection and is spray-on-rinse-off, which is great for doing the roof and sides in a few seconds flat.

Most cleaning/protection products I buy now come from GTechniq or Bilt Hamber. Probably wouldn't buy anything from Fenwick's for cleaning.
The Easy Coat looks good. Do you bother drying it off of the caravan roof, and do you need to de-wax the surfaces first so that the Easy Coat will “ cling” ?

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
The Easy Coat looks good. Do you bother drying it off of the caravan roof, and do you need to de-wax the surfaces first so that the Easy Coat will “ cling” ?

I've done no prep for Easy Coat, just applied it over whatever was already on the car/caravan, which was GTechniq C2, so they are probably compatible.

I do dry it, yes. Once I've cleaned the roof - I use a stiff bristled brush on a pole for the GRP bits and a microfibre noodle pad on an extendable pole for the Hekis - I rinse, Easy Coat, rinse again, then use the same noodle mitt (rinsed out) to dry off the roof & Hekis as best I can. With the sides/rear/front I do these piecemeal and dry off with a microfibre towel as usual.

I really love their products. I've used their i1 Smart Fabric on Alcantara Seats, L1 Leather Guard on my car seats, G1 & G5 Rain Repellent coatings for windscreens (it really is far superior to Rain-Ex in my experience) I've also just started using T1 for Tyre and trim dressing.

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts