Van Ablutions

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
As the excitement grows as the sites are due to open. but without the usual services. I have noticed mainly on other forums (although some on here as well) the horror of some of the caravan people about having to empty the Loo and using the shower.
I use CLs and even if some have showers etc I've never used them, and I honestly can't see the problem.
I'll get mi coat, before the flak starts.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
After picking up a foot infection in about 2010 when using a CMC site, I stopped using ablution blocks on all sites. It took nearly 2 years to get rid of the infection! :(:mad:

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We make very little use of the site facilities. The toilet compartment has all we need and you can step out of the shower onto a nice warm carpet rather than a cold concrete floor. The first time I emptied the toilet it felt pretty gruesome but after that it was no problem.
I had not considered the infection risk in the site showers, but it must be there.
I can see the point when you have a large family and small compartment but otherwise the caravan seems to be a better bet to us.
I take the point about having paid for the toilet in the caravan so use it, I did say that to one warden and was told I was paying for the toilet block as well, so you cannot win.

Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We make very little use of the site facilities. The toilet compartment has all we need and you can step out of the shower onto a nice warm carpet rather than a cold concrete floor. The first time I emptied the toilet it felt pretty gruesome but after that it was no problem.
I had not considered the infection risk in the site showers, but it must be there.
I can see the point when you have a large family and small compartment but otherwise the caravan seems to be a better bet to us.
I take the point about having paid for the toilet in the caravan so use it, I did say that to one warden and was told I was paying for the toilet block as well, so you cannot win.
Problem with some sites is that they do not provide mops and disinfectant to clean out the showers, but theres also the problem of people not using them when provided. If available I alas mopped out before and after use. Best thing Ive found for a verucca is Bazuka covered by a Compeed. really sorts it out quickly.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
If the disabled block open i would be using it from my wheelchair it easy to use
but it not so i can manage with a Sunncamp Portable Toilet we take with us (Awning) i would agree some sites don"t provide mops and disinfectant :giggle:

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Having had literally hundreds of veruccas as a competitive swimmer as a child/teenager I now seem immune-they suddenly stopped appearing-does happen apparently. However when we had them the best treatment was the stuff that freezes them-they then drop out-can't remember its name but nothing else worked so quickly though the bazuca stuff did with help from a pen knife if i remember. The last one i had was as big as a penny piece ! Hazard of the hobby!
I don't worry about them any more obviously, but don't like traipsisng across to the shower block with kit etc-I like to get up and shower in my own environment-and ours is pure luxury. Especially if we're on a fully serviced site the shower is as good as a simple domestic one.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Having had literally hundreds of veruccas as a competitive swimmer as a child/teenager I now seem immune-they suddenly stopped appearing-does happen apparently. However when we had them the best treatment was the stuff that freezes them-they then drop out-can't remember its name but nothing else worked so quickly though the bazuca stuff did with help from a pen knife if i remember. The last one i had was as big as a penny piece ! Hazard of the hobby!
I don't worry about them any more obviously, but don't like traipsisng across to the shower block with kit etc-I like to get up and shower in my own environment-and ours is pure luxury. Especially if we're on a fully serviced site the shower is as good as a simple domestic one.
i have a friend who got a brand new Buccaneer Cruiser one like yours he to like the end washroom he said it pure luxury so enjoy :giggle:

Reactions: JezzerB
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
When I got the infection it was not a verruca, but an infection in the toe nail for which I had to receive medical treatment. Apparently it is quite rare and also very difficult to get rid of. Turns your nails a brown patch colour. Matches my summer tan though! :ROFLMAO:

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Ouch poor you-someone mentioned veruccas so I was away-sorry; pet hate as you can imagine, but as above we intend to enjoy our own facilities to the full!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts