Vauxhall Grandland X

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone. So it’s been 25 years since I have towed a caravan, however the Wife is really keen on the idea of getting into touring, now that our grandkid twins are a good age to take them with us. I’m looking for the lightest 4 berth possible, as my Vauxhall Grandland 1.2 isn’t the heaviest. My question is, does, or has anyone towed with this vehicle? Many thanks.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. So it’s been 25 years since I have towed a caravan, however the Wife is really keen on the idea of getting into touring, now that our grandkid twins are a good age to take them with us. I’m looking for the lightest 4 berth possible, as my Vauxhall Grandland 1.2 isn’t the heaviest. My question is, does, or has anyone towed with this vehicle? Many thanks.
Hi,
I looked at this car for towing but decided against it,the bhp was too low.Size of engine (1.2,1.4 etc ) can't be used for assessing towing ability - they seem to be squeezing more power out of engines these days.The important thing to consider apart from kerb weight is power output (bhp)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi welcome to the Forum. Do you know the kerbweight or Mass in Service of your car and what is the makers specified towing limit for a braked trailer.
Gut feeling agrees with the above post as the engine may fall short on power/ torque or you have to work it like mad. Two adults two children, Caravan and paraphernalia may not be within the Grandland X capability.

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
Hi,
I looked at this car for towing but decided against it,the bhp was too low.Size of engine (1.2,1.4 etc ) can't be used for assessing towing ability - they seem to be squeezing more power out of engines these days.The important thing to consider apart from kerb weight is power output (bhp)
To be honest,I never thought about that aspect. I’ve only had the car a few months, and towing was not a consideration when deciding upon getting it. Not sure I’ll be able to persuade the Mrs to go for a tent option instead!

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
Thanks
Hi welcome to the Forum. Do you know the kerbweight or Mass in Service of your car and what is the makers specified towing limit for a braked trailer.
Gut feeling agrees with the above post as the engine may fall short on power/ torque or you have to work it like mad. Two adults two children, Caravan and paraphernalia may not be within the Grandland X capability.
for the reply, my kerbweight is around 1370kg.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Th
Thanks

for the reply, my kerbweight is around 1370kg.
Thanks. What do vauxhall specify fir braked trailer towing limit?
There are some small lightweight vans such as Xplore 302 and with an awning plus annex you and/ or the grandchildren could sleep outside. Alternatively what about a half way house trailer tent?

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
Th

Thanks. What do vauxhall specify fir braked trailer towing limit?
There are some small lightweight vans such as Xplore 302 and with an awning plus annex you and/ or the grandchildren could sleep outside. Alternatively what about a half way house trailer tent?
To be honest, I’m unsure at the moment. I will explore further tomorrow after work. Your suggestion of an Elddis Xplore came up with green flags on Towcar.info. You have been really helpful, thank you

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
To be honest, I’m unsure at the moment. I will explore further tomorrow after work. Your suggestion of an Elddis Xplore came up with green flags on Towcar.info. You have been really helpful, thank you
I’ve found Towcar.info by far the best of the matching sites. It’s been quite accurate on my last three cars and three caravans. Of course it’s reliant on the accuracy of input data but I like the ability to vary parameters such as payload in car or caravan and noseweight. It enables you to check the sensitivity of the proposed outfit.

Reactions: Bradfordmcfc
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum
Check your car on Towcar .info Caravelair Antares 406 4 berth .
my son got a vauxhall grandland X 1.6 Turbo he thinks it is great enjoy yours .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts