Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Nigel,

Have you thought about camping cheques.

Last year I booked ferries through the CC & bought Camping Cheques, or you can book through Camping Cheques.

1 cheque =

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
We are also going for 2 weeks commencing Whit Bank Holiday and will be having a week half way through at La Yole. This site is in the Caravan Club Travel Service book, Camping Cheque book and others. I think it is slightly north of Les Sables but there are many sites around that area. We usually also look at the sites in the Eurocamp and Keycamp Independent books and go on the campsite's web site to check it out. However some of the sites do have quite a high static presence and the camping area can be an afterthought. We have very rarely been disappointed with any site in the Caravan Club with the exception of Le Bolee D'aire (vendee) approx 3 years ago. The bottom of the pool weas green and the toilet blocks were not light during the evening. This may have changed following member's feedback reports! Another good site (we thought) on the Atlantic coast was Sequoia Parc - a member of the Castels chain. You may be put off by the size of the site however at Whitsun - early June the site is only half full if that. Plenty of things for children to do and a brilliant pool complex. Not far from Royan / Rochefort for days out.

Oct 14, 2005
Visit site
Le Yole is a lovely campsite, in a lovely area of the Vendee. The beaches are mile after mile of golden sand. We went last year and booked straight away for this year.

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Le Yole is a lovely campsite, in a lovely area of the Vendee. The beaches are mile after mile of golden sand. We went last year and booked straight away for this year.
What time of year are you going and what are the pitches like? Can you walk to the beach or is it a packed car job?

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Le Yole is a lovely campsite, in a lovely area of the Vendee. The beaches are mile after mile of golden sand. We went last year and booked straight away for this year

We have been to La Yole for the last 2 years & agree that it is a lovely site in a nice area.

But last year we were supprised to find that in the 12 months since we were there last they had removed a lot of touring pitches & replaced them with statics. I the week we were there another 6 statics were sited.

Are they going to get rid of all the touring pitches & replace them with statics?

It seems to me that they can make more money from Key Camp & Euro Camp with their tents & statics

Oct 14, 2005
Visit site
What time of year are you going and what are the pitches like? Can you walk to the beach or is it a packed car job?
Lesley,

We are going in August as we did last year, the pitches are big enough to get your caravan and awning up and park the car across the front of the pitch. The nearest supermarket is about a 20-25 min walk or 5 mins in the car and the same for the beach as it is about 100 metres from the supermarket. Hope this helps if you need any more info feel free to ask.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Sequia Park is fine if you like putting your rubbish in the car and taking it to the bins down the lane as there are no facilites also if you like ants and are luck to be by one of the two taps otherwise be ready for a long walk for water.

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Sequia Park is fine if you like putting your rubbish in the car and taking it to the bins down the lane as there are no facilites also if you like ants and are luck to be by one of the two taps otherwise be ready for a long walk for water.
I agree you need a detector to find the water but a lot of the sites seem to now be putting the rubbish areas at the entrance to the site. May-be an environmental / vermin issue - don't know. However the site was really enjoyed by the children and we would go back (out of season).

Feb 25, 2008
Visit site
I agree you need a detector to find the water but a lot of the sites seem to now be putting the rubbish areas at the entrance to the site. May-be an environmental / vermin issue - don't know. However the site was really enjoyed by the children and we would go back (out of season).
We stayed at Camping La Trevilliere at Bretignolles sur Mer in May 2006. As we have no children I cannot comment on the childrens facilities but they do have a pool and sports area. The pitches are medium sized, and some of them are hedge marked. The site itself is about a mile from the town centre, and the beaches are a further half a mile or so. We were there at the beginning of the season so things were very quiet, I should imagine it would be different in August.

Michael

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Shame to hear about La Yole giving up touring pitches in favour of statics. We stayed there about 4 years ago and thought it was a very good site in a nice area. Was thinking of going back soon but not so sure now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts