Vermin

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Just a thought - well a fear really - that I've not seen anybody mention.
I've just put my motorhome into storage for the winter, and there's one major worry I have in the back of mind.
What happens if wild vermin - mice, worse still rats - decide to set up their home in our motorhome ?
Are there any tips or advice as to how I can ensure that I'm not going to open up and be confronted with utter devastation ?
I do check the motorhome at least once a week, but it would only take a few rodents -which could quickly become a lot - a few hours to totally wreck it.

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi and thanks for the post – great question. Checking our tips for laying up your ’van article (which is here), there's nothing about vermin, so I hope someone can help. And I'll see if we can get some advice from our team.

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi again! Here are a few words from our tech expert Diamond Dave:

"Vermin are a real problem with motorhomes in storage, especially if that storage is in a rural location or even on a farm because that's where the majority of wildlife live. What can you do to prevent it? Well there are products you can use to deter vermin, some require power, some don't, but as a first step make sure that any potential points of access are obscured – gas dropouts, for example, need to have a fine wire mesh across them. One approach that does seem to work quite well is to not leave the ’van in storage for extended periods, but to use it regularly, not always possible I know, but it does seem to be the best method of keeping rodents way from your motorhome."

We hope that helps!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts