Vet and campsite near Calais

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Pete

I don't have a dog so can't answer you question. However I would have thought that the two big sites near Calais would be able to recommend a vet as it seems a lot of there business is now with people with dogs. There is one campsite, which I have not been to, where the wife actually works at the local vets! Campite that arranges vet

David

SMS

Dec 6, 2006
Visit site
Hi

"Bien Assise" (spelling might not be perfect) at Guinnes is a very good site. It's also about 10 minutes away from a very good vets in Ardres (address and number below). They charge about 40-45 Euros. We have used them for the past 3 years.

Rue Commandant Queval

Ardres

France

Telephone: International - 00 33 3 21 35 40 03

National - 03 21 35 40 03

Hope this helps.

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi Pete

We have used valerie.delval@free.fr she really knows her stuff.

Been using her since pet passport came out.

also we camp at camping St Louis at Ardres nice small site with small cafe.

Hope this helps

Maddy

Nov 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi

"Bien Assise" (spelling might not be perfect) at Guinnes is a very good site. It's also about 10 minutes away from a very good vets in Ardres (address and number below). They charge about 40-45 Euros. We have used them for the past 3 years.

Rue Commandant Queval

Ardres

France

Telephone: International - 00 33 3 21 35 40 03

National - 03 21 35 40 03

Hope this helps.
Can you advise if we would have to book in advance for the Vets, or can you just go on the off chance. If you have to book in advance how much notice do you have to give. Thanks in advance for you help.

Margaret

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Pete

We have used valerie.delval@free.fr she really knows her stuff.

Been using her since pet passport came out.

also we camp at camping St Louis at Ardres nice small site with small cafe.

Hope this helps

Maddy
Wish you hadn't mentioned St. Louis - I've been trying to keep it a secret! lol

SMS

Dec 6, 2006
Visit site
Can you advise if we would have to book in advance for the Vets, or can you just go on the off chance. If you have to book in advance how much notice do you have to give. Thanks in advance for you help.

Margaret
We have always booked in advance. I guess they would fit you in if just turning up (It's easy money for them). But it would probably entail a wait?

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
Maddy

Thanks for the info on Valerie Delval, do you have her address or phone number?

I had already identified St Louis as being ideal, it closes for the winter 2 days after we return!

Thanks in advance.

Pete

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
hello,

can someone explain to me the procedure in taking your dogs to france,and returning, regarding the vet situation, i havent got a clue what you have to do, we would be going via the tunnel, it isnt until late next year, but im confused, and my vet said best to get advice from someone who has done it, so any advice would be very very gratefully received,thankyou in advance, regards ED

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Wish you hadn't mentioned St. Louis - I've been trying to keep it a secret! lol
Know what you mean, maybe they wont find it, teehee.

did you have a look at the little small holding just down the road on the same side as the camping, the little old guy gets worse each year,this year we found him rounding up all the geese whilst trying to have a pee against the house wall and smiling and waving to us walking the dog at the same time! who says the French arnt friendly

Regards

Maddy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Maddy

Thanks for the info on Valerie Delval, do you have her address or phone number?

I had already identified St Louis as being ideal, it closes for the winter 2 days after we return!

Thanks in advance.

Pete
the address and phone number for the vet, also there is a market right outside the vets office on sat morning and i think its wed but check with vets they are very good, it makes it a bit busier thats all. there is a vet in ardres near the camp site but i know nothing about it, you could ask on this site.

Clinique Veterenaire des salines.

11 place crevecoer.62100 calais

0321007100 or fax 0321007109

I think you really need a guide with you to go through all this. i am available and need my fix of france, i will pack my bag and await your call!!!!

Just joking you havent made contact with a stalker, really once you get going with it all its great and the vet there has been A1 in our experiance. Bon Voyage

Maddy

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Margaret
Hi Margeret

We always book in advance and we make sure the vet knows what time our return ferry/train is then theres no confusion over the 24/48 time rule

regards maddy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Pete

The only problem with a vet in calais you have to sit

in the port, min 24hrs before you can board the ferry. What

we do is get a vet 24hrs away from the sailing time.

We have a vet near TOURS,we take our two Yorkies

there for 9.00am 35-45Euros for both,then back to site to

pack up.Nice leisurely trip to Calais, book in and spend

the night in P&O compound, on the first ferry after 9.00am

hope this is of some help Rob&Lyn&Woofers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
HI Oliver

The Name adress of the Vet near Tours is, CABINET

VETERINAIRE. 25, AVENUE DE TOURS 72500

CHATEAU-DU-LOIR TEL 0243 44 09 94,Its on the old

N138 south of Lemans ,the camp site we use is in

Sonzay called Camping L'arada Parc,just right for

visting all those Chateaux in the Loire.

PS There is a large Supermarket opposite the vet for fuel and food hope this is some help

Rob&Lyn&Woofers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts