Volvo S60 D5 Rear Coil Springs (upgrade for towing)

Apr 28, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone advice me ?. I recently renewed the rear shockers on my S60 as the n/s had failed. The result was very satisfactory. However when I travelled with a full load of passengers i.e. 3 hefty adults accross the back seat there was a scraping noise coming from the rear end/ wheel arch area. this dissapeared when I lost a passenger from the back. I am assuming that the rear coil springs may weakened after 90k miles. I should have addressed this when the rear shockers were changed, but I didn,t think that it would be nessesary. My car is going in for its big timing belt service on may 4th, so if anyone can advise me on a reccomended coil spring upgrade or reasure me that the standard Volvo coil spring should suffice, I will hopefully get this sorted at service time. Many thanks. CHi

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I had the 2004 S80 D5 I had to have the all the rear suspension changed after 26K as it was creaking and groaning and bottomingh out on dips. Thank goodness it was still under warranty. I have since sold the car as it was not very good at towing on bumpy "A" roads.

Apr 28, 2005
Visit site
Ian ,

Thanks for your observations and comments. Unfortunatly thats my car and its going to have to do the job. So a way will have to found to overcome such problems if, like you it is found that the cars suspension is not up to the job. Thankfully the suspention is not the self levelling type. I'm sure there must be a coil spring modification out there that will do the job.

Regards C Hi

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts