VW Compass Calypso Cross Rails

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
can anyone help regarding motorhome cross rails?

we have a VW Compass Calypso Motorhome and want to put two cross rails on the roof rail bars. the problem we have come across is that our side rails are round bars and all the cross rails we have found so far like Omnistor and Fiamma the cross rails are round but the roof rails they fit onto are squarish so the fixings will only fit the squarish roof bars. any ideas??

KnL

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
I do not know what system is on the roof of the Calypso, but when I tried to get crossrails for our Bessacarr MH, the aftermarket rails would not fit due to similar reasons as you have identified.
Our side rails are an oval profile, however there is a rebate, running the entire length of the inner edge, which is designed to take a "t-nut" fixing, allowing fixings to be bolted on. Does yours have anything similar ?

I ended up contacting Swift to identify the parts and had to order from them via a dealer.

If your system is a factory fitted genuine part, It may be worth contacting Elddis technical people to see if they can help with part numbers that were used at the time of production.

Ken.

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
hi ian
we ended up making one ourselves as couldnt fine one anywhere as the bars on top are round. we purchased two aluminium box sections lengths from ebay and used some rubber fitments off of a zimmer frame and two eyelet bolts for each box section. sounds strangebut it looks great and works perfectly and only cost about £50!!
smiley-smile.gif
have got some photos which i can email if you have your email address as i cant find how to upload photos here.

caz

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi cazmart I have just got a calypso and am looking for roof rails I live in bristol and it is my 1st motorhome would it be possible for you to send me a copy of the fixings please as I am having the same problem my home is a 1995 vw model thanks Chas my e mail address is chbr34044@blueyonder.co.uk

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts