VW Touareg and Das Welt Warranty claims

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Here’s the Ts&Cs .

End December 2019 I bought a used Touareg on 39k miles from a midlands main dealer. The attraction was the thought of the Das Welt warranty which brags your used car gets the same guarantee as a brand new one. Foolishly for me I didn’t think to look into the promise closer.
Problem: Two weeks about in scorching hot temperatures, taking a sharp fasting left hand bend , three hours since starting, aircon on full blast, ice cold water dripped onto my left foot.. About an egg cup full. I turned the heater onto full hot thinking it would dry up the spillage. Next left bend very hot water dripped out.. Not happened since.
Just had full,service no problems. However I am told Das Welt doesn’t cover water leaks. Three days investigation needed. Dealer has offered foc one hour investigation. Rest is down to me. Depending what they find DW May pay or not.
Not happy giving them an open cheque. Not happy the warranty is not what I was lead to believe.
Any words of wisdom from you chaps please👍👍

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
That sounds like the HVAC condensate drains are blocked, something Touaregs are known for - check if the engine coolant level has gone down, if it hasn't then it's definitely a blocked drain. It can be cleared DIY. Join the MyTreg.com forum if you haven't done so already.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Roger
Absolutely no vehicle fluid losses at all. And no signs I can see of any water ingress tracks from sun roof or windows / screen etc.
I will follow you advice and see if I can fix this myself. It will save an 80 mile drive to Birmingham!
I have three days long distance driving, North Devon , so by Friday’s return I hope I have fixed it myself🤪🤪🤪

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Roger
Absolutely no vehicle fluid losses at all. And no signs I can see of any water ingress tracks from sun roof or windows / screen etc.
I will follow you advice and see if I can fix this myself. It will save an 80 mile drive to Birmingham!
I have three days long distance driving, North Devon , so by Friday’s return I hope I have fixed it myself🤪🤪🤪

This may help https://www.mytreg.com/index.php?/topic/6444-water-ingress-in-bulkheadfootwell-step-by-step-guide/

The other possibility is that the panoramic sunroof has drains at each corner, running down the windscreen pillar at the from - they can become detached and cause flooding, visible in the two fuse box areas at each end of the dashboard, the covers will come off with the front doors open.

Reactions: Dustydog
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully it will be something simple like condensation from the Air Con, as Roger has suggested. We had a similar problem some years ago in my wife's Ford Fiesta. From online forums I learned that there was a drip tray behind the centre consul which collects the condensate, this is then drained to the outside of the car via a drainage tube. This tube can get blocked and after a period the water (condensate) in the dip tray builds up until it overflows, usually just after a sharp turn. A quick blast of air through the tube sorted the problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts