Warcombe Farm.Devon.TV Reception

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi.
Were off to Warcombe Farm next June and wondering if anyone has been and what was the TV reception like.
Ive read about 150 reviews of the site but no info on reception.
I also rang the site and they said "fair to good".
I f the reception is only fair,then will take our "standalone" ariel and tripod.
Just wondering if anyones been and your comments please.
Many thanks.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
My! that's a lot of sleepless nights between now and June! Likely the reception varies a bit across the site, but from the description I think I would assume that the van aerial will suffice to keep up with Corrie!

Reactions: Jcloughie
Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Wolfbane shows Ilfracombe at 2 miles and 58 deg as a good signal; it shows Woolcombe at 1 mile and 213 deg also as a good signal, but both of these are Freeview Lite - about 20 TV channels inc HD. Depending on how clear view south-ish you have and how high you are you could try Huntshaw Cross at 14 miles and 167 deg which has a full stack of channels. Your aerial should be horizontal for this site and vertical for the former two transmitters. Looking on Google Maps Streetview from the road outside the gate to the site you can even see the Ilfracombe mast on the hilltop in the background!

If your TV has manual tuning it may help to avoid getting interfering stations.
The channels are:-
HC 30-37 less 33 and 36. 37 is the HD channel which will not appear unless your TV has an HD tuner.
Woolacombe is 41 and 47 with HD on 44
Ilfracombe is 33 and 36 with HD on 48
Note that these are signal channels, not the station channel numbers that you use for zapping with your remote control.

So yes, you should get a good signal with your fitted aerial, no need to take an external unless you really want to try hard to get HC - which may be problematic. Having said that given that Woolacombe Tx is SE of the town and SSW of you, and Ilfracombe is W of the town and E by NE from you, if they have directional aerials (which relay transmitters usually do) you may not be within the signal coverage even if you can see the mast. Ergo probably it might be a good idea to take your external aerial after all. There are a number of main station transmitters that are omnidirectional and might work: Wenvoe near Cardiff, Caradon Hill NW of Plymouth, and Kilvey Hill near Neath and E of Swansea. I know that at a push I can get CH on a CL that we use near Frome - and that's nearly 100 miles away!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerL
Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for replies.
Yes....a few sleepless nights but hopefully a few long weekends away before June.
Woodentop.....many thanks.
Will paste and copy your info and refer to it when we get there.
(Where did you get all that info if you dont mind me asking,, and what is "HC")🤔

Yes....Corrie for other half and early morning news for me.
Thanks again.👍

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts