Warning - dog owners

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Keep an eye on your dogs. There's some nasty illnesses going round at the moment.

One of my dogs was ill last weekend but thankfully after treatment, she's fine. My other dog hasn't been so lucky. He was fine at midnight last night, oh what a different story this morning. Rushed to the vets and he's still there now, they're keeping him till at least the morning. Had bloods checked, antibiotics, pain relief. Now on an IV. The deterioration in a short period of time was very unbelievable.

Hopefully, he'll pull through. Any signs of sickness and diarrhoea, get your dog to the vet asap.

Lisa

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
there was a case in the paper today of a Geman Shepherd attacked by a swarm of bees , allthough the dog showed signs of improvement at the vets , it later died , apparently the dog run into a garden and knocked a bee hive over ,

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
One of ours cracked a claw in her rear leg last week. The toe got infected . Our vet made a tiny incision, no anaesthetic, squeezed a load of puss out. She's on antibiotics and running around like a nuclear powered Springer should.
Hope yours gets better soon Lisa.

Have they been drinking water from any streams contaminated with blue algae?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dusty

No, they haven't been drinking any water from anywhere other than their bowls. However, when we went away the other week, Daisy swam in the sea with me over a few days.

I was speaking to a friend from Warwickshire and it's rife around there, my vet said last night he thought Diesel had Gastroenteritis, but who knows, it could even be Parvo as he's got more of the Parvo symptoms than the Gastro symptoms.

He's in the best place at the moment.

Lisa xx

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I hope that your dog makes a full recovery Lisa, this has to be a very worrying time for you.
I saw a news report the other day about adders biting dogs who had disturbed them in the undergrowth.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Parksy - Moderator said:
I hope that your dog makes a full recovery Lisa, this has to be a very worrying time for you.
I saw a news report the other day about adders biting dogs who had disturbed them in the undergrowth.
Parksy
This is why we avoid the New Forest.Where was your report from?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Parksy.

He's still at the vets, they're doing more tests and also taking an x-ray. He's not responding to treatment as well as he should be. It sounds like they do not know what is wrong with him.
smiley-cry.gif

Lisa xxx

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
LMH said:
One of my colleagues was playing golf in Redditch and he said a snake slithered across the grass.

Lisa
I thought Golf was all Birdies and Eagles
smiley-laughing.gif

Parksy
That's a worry for me because we often go to Blackmore CC site at Great Malvern.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts