warranty advice please

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello all.

We have had a fantastic year back with the caravan and she is now safely tucked up in storage (hopefully)! just starting to think about the 1st service. We site her in north wales and we are trying to find out if Bailey will be happy with a approved NCC engineer doing the 1st service. The wording in the warranty guide is slightly misleading.

5. During the first three (3) years of the Warranty Cover, all annual inspections and repairs must be carried out either by Bailey itself or an approved Bailey Service Centre or Agent. Thereafter, due to the technical nature of an Alu-Tech constructed caravan, annual inspections and repairs may be carried out by any workshop or repair centre approved by the National Caravan Council that has attended Alu-Tech training courses at the Bailey factory.

What do you guys think. How would I know if an NCC mobile workshop has completed the Alutec course???

Do I play it safe and undertake the 1st service with the dealership at the inflated cost?

Thanks in advance Tony

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
My apologies

i have just read the answer in st spoons post 'TOPIC: servicing question'.

Oh well back to the main dealers it is!

Dam I've got to get a tow bar fitted now too AT A COST OF £450. for a warranty specific version on the insignia.

thanks Tony

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Quote " Oh well back to the main dealers it is! "

WHY????????????
You can get a NCC Approved Workshop, fixed or mobile to do the servicing AND maintain the warranty.

If you require repairs to the BODY of the van then that has to be done by an authorised Bailey repair centre.

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi Damian.
looking at section five of the bailey warranty blurb>>>>
5. During the first three (3) years of the Warranty Cover, all annual inspections and repairs must be carried out either by Bailey itself or an approved Bailey Service Centre or Agent.
I cannot find a Bailey approved mobile service centre within 75 miles of our site so don't really know what else to do. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks Tony

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Its very simple.
All NCC Approved workshops are authorised by Bailey to carry out servicing on all their vans, including Alu Tech.
Basically NCC Approved workshops are authorised "Agents" of Bailey.

It is only when repairs are required to the body of the van that it has to be done by a Bailey approved repairer as it requires special tools and glues.

There is NO problem with the normal annual service or repairs to equipment within the van such as heaters etc as they are covered by their own makers warranty.

It used to be the case that at the first service all the internal bolts had to be checked for correct tightness but that requirement was dropped after the first year of production as it is not necessary.
In fact all the internal bolts could be removed as they serve no purpose once the bonding glue has set.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Lovo said:
... How would I know if an NCC mobile workshop has completed the Alutec course???...

Ask them!

Not sure I would go with that. As with most things there will be people out there claiming to be approved but in fact they are not. The best bet is the NCC website to confirm this. It also contains feedback on customer ratings which might help.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Raywood said:
ProfJohnL said:
Lovo said:
... How would I know if an NCC mobile workshop has completed the Alutec course???...

Ask them!

Not sure I would go with that. As with most things there will be people out there claiming to be approved but in fact they are not. The best bet is the NCC website to confirm this. It also contains feedback on customer ratings which might help.

Well indeed yes, but if a trader claims somethingthats not true, and as a result a customer looses theri rights under the manufacturers warranty, the trader would acting fraudulently and would liable for a claim from the customer for the loss or the warranty any of its benefits for the duration of the warranty.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Raywood said:
ProfJohnL said:
Lovo said:

Ask them!

Well indeed yes, but if a trader claims somethingthats not true, and as a result a customer looses theri rights under the manufacturers warranty, the trader would acting fraudulently and would liable for a claim from the customer for the loss or the warranty any of its benefits for the duration of the warranty.
Come on Prof this isn't your usual precise self :p
How does the owner know the "trader" has sufficient funds or valid insurance to cover a wrong doing.? Imagine the hassle of trying to sue one of these cowboy types :eek:hmy:
Best stick with a recognised dealer or manufacturer approved engineer B)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts