Waste Water help, Advice

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone
I would like to thank everyone that gave their views and opinions on current wastewater containers.
For those of you that did not see my previous forum; here is a link to it to explain:
http://www.practicalcaravan.com/forum/general/waste-water-help-advice
My family and I are caravanners and I am a student at Derby University and for my final year project, I am trying to improve the waste water container
This is a list of all the problems that everyone told me about the Wastemaster-type container which most people seem to use.
1. Heavy to lift and pull to the wastewater point when full
2. Water splashes onto your hands when removing from caravan outlet and when releasing cap at emptying point
3. Problem knowing when full (waste hog has gauge but does not work very well)
4. The wheels are noisy on tarmac when it’s empty (can disturb people sleeping at night)
5. Catch your feet on it when pulling it along

Could you reply back telling me which, if any of these numbers in the list above you agree with
Thank you very much
Alex

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
My problem is when storing my unit the wheels are always in the way for neat easy storing of the unit.I remove the wheels, but then it would be nice if they were set into the main body like a travel bag /suitcase

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Point 1 is the back breaker yet the volume stored is excellent.
I have a real struggle where you have tolift the full wastemaster over a brick course to get to the drain. Maybe some sort of cantilever system would help and maybe an extra set of wheels.

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
1 and 5 are my main gripes. I think both problems could be designed out by changing the section near to the wheels and putting more weight behind the wheels to counter balance the load across the wheels. having quite a large amount of wast water near to the handle and a long distance from the wheels obviously adds to the weight felt when wheeling it along. Not keen on the idea of small recessed wheels as they are susceptible to damage and getting blocked (just watch what happens even on the relatively smooth floors in airports with wheeled suitcases).

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Number 2 is my main gripe, we now use 2 wastemasters one for each outlet, so they don't get too heavy and you can still run a tap when one is being emptied.
I have trouble getting the toilet cassete on with the bungees but that is probably just me, they are really heavy with a cassete on as well. Dont know what you could do with this as you need the capacity.

We stayed at one site this half term and the waste drain was raised by about 6 inches on a concrete plinth, and you had to lift the waste container on it when full, really hard for me. maybe some kind of swivel spout like the toilet cassete has would help, and keep the water off ones hands also.

5 - never had a problem
4 - never noticed the noise from others, empty our before bedtime anyway, more rubbery less plasticky wheels might be quiter, like pneumatic jockey wheels

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
1 to 5 pretty much sums it up for me, also the actual shape could be designed for a more squarer or easy storage shape.
Good luck with your project.

Kev & Max...

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
I agree with TD40, it's the awkward shape of the thing that makes it a difficult fit into most front lockers and when the wheels are removed, they pose another storage problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts