Wastewater container design

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
As a number of you will already know, i am a product design student and am trying to improve the wastewater container.
Could you answer me a few questions please;
1.) What is the maximum price you would be prepared to pay for an improved wastewater container?
I'm trying to find out the ideal capacity of a wastewater container;
What capacity would you like? (if there was not as much weight on the handle as the wastemaster)
The wastemaster is 38L and the waste hog is 45L
The weight also needs to be manageable for a female user so bear this in mind - or is the wastewater more the man's job?
Thanks’ for your help
Alex

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
This is not about the weight but the ' handleability '. Not all sites have wastewater disposal drains at ground level so the container has to be hoisted into a sink or over a small wall. Used by male or female there is a need to consider this - even 35 litres slopping about can cause a problem. Also think on if providing ' bungee ' type straps for securing the toilet cassette to the water container. While lifting one up to a knee level disposal sink - without a toilet cassette attached I would add - one strap became unhooked, whipped back and removed my glasses.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
It is all about weight as when waster master is full it weighs 38kg and when waste hog is full it weighs 45kg. Lifting it to pull to the disposal unit can be streneous on the back. One could design a 3 or 4 wheel unit to pull it along, but not all caravan parks or CLs have nice smooth surfaces. Anyway you still have to lift it to empty it. A battery powered unit would weigh too much and infringe on your caravan's payload.
BTW have you every spent a holiday in a touring caravan? If not, perhaps you should do that first before thinking of a design. That is called doing research which seems to be missing when it comes to caravan design.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Surfer said:
BTW have you every spent a holiday in a touring caravan? If not, perhaps you should do that first before thinking of a design. That is called doing research which seems to be missing when it comes to caravan design.

A good place to start researching the problem is by asking those who use a WasteMaster on a regular basis and the problems they encounter in going to differing sites with differing facilities. It seems that this is what he's doing
smiley-smile.gif

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
WatsonJohnG said:
He comes from a family of caravanners
So yes
smiley-cool.gif
Where do tnhey state that? They can come from a family of caravanners but that does not mean that they have experienced it. Questions will be pointless if you don't research it yourself and experience the problems lifting and pulling a waste tanlk over uneven ground etc.
I also noticed that on a number of other caravan forums they have started more than one thread asking the same question.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
lexonds said:
Hello,
As a number of you will already know, i am a product design student and am trying to improve the wastewater container.
Could you answer me a few questions please;

Thanks’ for your help
Alex
You now have three separate topics on the General message board at the same time covering basically the same thing Alex.
We don't mind helping and if you have a separate question by all means open another thread but if there is anything else that you want to know about waste water please ask on one of the threads that you have already started.

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
To clarify I should have said "This reply is about handleability not weight alone . . . " one problem which needs addressing is how to handle the weight involved in the circumstances I mentioned. As an aside when I mention the problem of the bungee strap coming adrift it is considered to be amusing and rarely seen as a danger. But I keep trying to be helpful.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
well said Parksy, begining to feel more like research for a profit project as opposed to university research!! Or perhaps I'm just overly suspicious with too much post op time on my hands???

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts