Water Advice

Jul 20, 2024
Visit site
Hey everyone. Hope someone can help. I have a 2014 Coachman Pastiche and it came with an aqua roller. After one trip with it I decided it was a faff, and purchased a hose with the correct connections to fit directly from the water tap, to the caravan. Was incredibly chuffed with myself the next trip away when it was raining and seen someone walking past with their aqua roller 😂

The issue I have found is I have very low water pressure in the bathroom sink and shower compared to the kitchen. I never used the shower with the traditional pump/aquaroller and wondered if it’s due to the fact I’m using the hose attachment instead?

The hose is fitted with a non adjustable pressure valve to prevent causing damage, but surely if it was an issue with that then kitchen sink would also be lower pressure?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
If you never used the shower with an aquaroll you have nothing to compare your current water pressure with!
First thing to do, with a caravan that's seen a few years service,, is to check that any filters fitted are not clogged! Many taps have a fine wire guaze on the end of the outlet spout (they unscrew) and shower heads often have similar built into their inlets. It doesn't take very much to severly restrict the flow.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
You can rule out a problem with the direct connection by comparing with the pressure from the aquaroll. If you are on site maybe a neighbour will lend you one to try it. Certainly as above gunge in the tap spouts when accumulated can almost prevent any flow - I regularly clean mine after getting caught out when I first had the van!

Reactions: InvernessCamper
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I agree with the last two posts. You have no measure for comparison.

Do you get reduced pressure in both hot and cold?

No matter what ,do not remove the pressure reducer from your new mains kit.

If after doing all the above suggestions you could have a word with Whale. They are usually very helpful

Contact​

+44 (0)345 9090 911

info@whalepumps.com

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I totally echo Dusty's post above.

The pressure reducer is essential otherwise if you removed it the full mains water pressure would reach the caravans pipes work which is only rated for up to 2Bar or less depending on equipement in the caravan, Mains water pressure can reach 6Bar or more which would damage many items in a caravan.

If the water system in a caravan is not fully drained when the weather could freeze, any small pockets of water left in the system may freeze, and as ice expands it can damage some components. A common problem is ice damaging non return valves jamming them only partially open. This restricts water flow through them, but also prevents them from preventing reverse flow their placed to stop.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have a 2013. 560 VIP and have tried the hose direct to the caravan, and yes the water pressure is lower than using the pump. The best thing to do is have the aqua roll with the float valve and the hose direct to the aqua roll and use the pump from the aquaroll to the van.
But as the others have said check the tap outlets for grunge.

Jul 20, 2024
Visit site
Thanks everyone. Put the aqua roll back on today and pressure seems to be higher so must be the hose that’s the issue? Will look into the float valve and see how I get on.

Is there a screw on lid that can be used with the pump? Concerned about debris and bugs getting into the aquaroll

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
The Aquaroll valve is just a normal float type that screws into the side and cuts the water off at a little over half full.
The outlet hose with the pump in the bottom has a soft plastic cup-type affair on the hose that fits over the threads on the top and keeps bugs etc out of the container. The pump also has a filter mesh on the inlet that will stop larger items getting into the mechanism.

Jul 20, 2024
Visit site
So I’ve tried both set ups as suggested today at the house and pressure is fine. Could it be that the park we were at had low water pressure and that was affecting it? Don’t know why the kitchen would be different to the bathroom though?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
£18 for a wee round of plastic! I will persevere with what I have.
All the time I had aquarolls I did not have an issue with the fit of the cap, but looking at some on sales sites they do look quite flimsy. Wonder if costs have been cut too far. Truma look better than Whsle but that may be an illusion.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts