Water coming in by wheel arch

Apr 21, 2005
Visit site
I’m back. Even though we thought we’d identified the water coming in through the locker door and the van being bone dry, we have just had heavy rain and now have water in the floor cupboard just above the wheel arch. This time the top of the vinyl is wet which did not happen last time. There is some discolouration going up (not down) the wall in the cupboard as well. We have just had heavy rain so assuming that it’s happened then as the caravan had been bone dry since fixing the previous issue. Could
the water somehow be coming in through the wheel arch or could it be coming down the wall? We need to cover some areas before rain comes again so not sure what to do. TIA.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
What van have you got?
What colour is the discoluration?
I had a problem with water ingress on my van on the wheel arch, it was repaired sorry BODGED by the main dealer who carried out the repair, 18 months later I repaired it myself, not an easy task as the timbers were all rotten and had to be replaced.
Cant help to how the water is coming in, we identified our leak whilst I was washing the van outside and OH was cleaning inside and the water flooded in, in that area.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Oh dear you are having repeated probs this spring. Difficult to imagine exactly where you are describing, but wet after heavy rain (or over-zealous hosing?) would suggest a clear point of entry rather than accumulated damp over time, although that doesn't quite fit with the staining up the wallboard. Is there any seal imperfection around the wheel-arch cover, or is there a fridge or air vent in the region? Sounds like the weather this weekend will be dry again so you might be able to crack on with a solution. Good luck.

Apr 21, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. The microwave vent is on the same side so we have now covered that. My husband has also sealed around the wheel arch as the covering was a little loose. Inside is now dry as it was surface water. The staining up the wall is not coloured so much so we’re hoping that will go the longer it dries. It’s definitely not damp so that’s one thing but we are keeping an eye on this with a meter No sponginess anywhere. We don’t know whether the sealant will fix the problem until we get more rain. Our fingers are crossed once more. This has never happened before so we can only really put it down to maybe the direction of the rain, loose coverings etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts