Water won’t heat up - Truma CP-25

Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
We had an issue with our hot water (it stopped working) during our last weekend away and are trying to get to the bottom of it.
We’ve connected the water up and set the Truma control panel to heat the water using 230V 8A. The ‘set water temperature’ is flashing to show that the water is heating up, but it’s been doing that for well over an hour now and we still don’t have any hot water. The heating appears to be working.
Anyone have any experience with this?We’re new to caravanning so this is very much a learning curve for us and we’ve struggled to find any answers through Google.
Our caravan is a Swift Challenger sport 586 2013.
Thank you

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just in case your not totally familiar with the way the CP-25 works, then you might find this useful

As you have told us you have selected 230V 8A, you do need to be connected to a mains supply using the MHU. have you checked the switches on the MCB'S AND rcd in the mains consumer unit? These do need to be on.

I don't know how your heater is connected to the mains circuits, it could be a 13A plug on the power lead into the heater, check its fuse.

Beyond that it may need someone to check the elements in the heater - its possible there may be a resetable trip on the heater, Check your appliance instructions.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Did you purge the system before using the heater? Start with the cold tap furthest from the boiler then work towards the boiler / often bathroom, shower ,kitchen, then repeat with the hot taps. Once you have all running smoothly with no splutter the airlocks have been removed - then use the water heater either on gas or electric.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
1.As said , ensure you have purged the hot water system of air.
2. Remove the exterior vent cover and run the heater on gas for 30 minutes. Any result?

3. From the limited info available I suspect the heating element has failed. If you have a multi meter and know how to use it you could check the element.

4 ,. Good luck , be careful

Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
Hello all, sorry for the late response but thank you all for your suggestions. We purged the system, checked fuses, reset the system but still no hot water. After a lot of googling, and after taking on the above advice we decided to check the elements with a multi meter, and lo and behold one was not working. We've ordered a new set from ebay and my husband will fit them at weekend. Fingers crossed everything goes back together as it should and the hot water works!
Thanks again, I don't know what I'd do without this forum!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts