Weather in the Southern Alps

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I am travelling to France in late May next year for 5 weeks. In the middle of June, I am looking at visiting the French Alps, near Lalley, which is just south of Grenoble. Could anyone tell me what sort of weather I could expect at that time of year. We normally, travel to Southern France for the better weather, would I still get warm weather in this area?

Peter

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Remarkably we stayed in Lalley this year in the middle of June for a week, the campsite was La Belle Roche. I don't know average conditions but I while we were there the weather was constantly warm (around 25), quite humid, sometimes overcast but no rain. After we moved on I believe the whole of the south east including Lalley was caught up in that deluge that made the news. I would need to have a look at our video diary to see exact conditions.
Don't know if you have been to Belle Roche before, this was our fisrt visit, but we were very pleased. Lovely scenery, smashing wardens.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks John,
You have answered another question for me, as we are planning to stay at Belle Roche. At least there is a good chance that the weather will be good, as we are going the last two weeks of June.

Regards
Peter

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Just one downside that we experienced, it is about an hours drive on mountain roads to get to a large supermarket (La Mure) so go stocked up if possible. There is a small shop in Lalley for emergencies but the opening hours are very irregular even for France. Good food in the small restaurant on site.
Have a good time, let me know if you need any more info,
John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts