Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
A few people have asked about having a place for new members to introduce themselves, and I've just discovered that my magical powers as "Vol Mod" allow me to set up a complete new section - so here it is! I look forward to hearing from our new friends, as they arrive.
Since no-one ever reads the full Ts & Cs, I'll just say here that we welcome expressions of opinion (including honest disagreement), but not personal sniping or insults! We get a lot of people trying to post "spam," or links to irrelevant commercial websites, but I delete them as soon as I see them.
IF YOU FIND THAT YOUR POSTS DON'T APPEAR, OR APPEAR BLANK, LOOK AT THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE "OUR WEBSITE" SECTION. We have a bit of a software issue with some versions of Internet Explorer, but it's easy to fix.
Once I can see that you're a real person, posting about motorhoming, I'll "upgrade" you so that you don't have to do the "security check" with the squiggly letters every time you post.
However, I'm just a volunteer, and my comments are my own views. I don't speak for the Editor, or for Haymarket.
Now come on in and meet the gang!

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
If you've joined us from another forum then you probably recognise both Tony and myself along with many others. To all those , Welcome aboard!
I'm a grumpy old git living and motorhoming in France with side trips to Spain, Italy, Germany etc. as and when I feel the need to escape from home.
You will not find me on a rally field and I take , some say perversely, great pleasure in having the oldest van on the 'Aire'. an old school engineer who believes in the golden maxim," If it works, don't fix it".

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I joined the forum approx 1 day 18 hours ago and asked question about Beds, so far I have had no replys which in itself is ok, but what I do not understand is that someone else joined the forum approx 1 day later than me and he has received ahearty welcome from you. Am I doing something wrong or have you not received my question about my motorhome bed problem.
Regards,
Alan H

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
My apologies Alan - and welcome!
I saw your post on my phone (which only lets me read, not post) and made a mental note to welcome you, even though I personally had nothing to offer about your query - I'm afraid the "mental note" got deleted!
I'm glad you've flagged this up, rather than just giving up on us in disappointment. I'm sure someone will have something useful to offer on your original question before long!
What I HAVE just done is upgraded you, so you won't have to pass the "read these silly squiggles" test again.

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi I have a Fiat swift ace milano motorhome reg in 2002 , the omnistep has stopped working and I blew the fuse when my test meter brobe slipped and I can't locate the fuse "CAN ANYONE LET ME KNOW WHERE IN THE MOTORHOME IS THE STEP FUSE" please.

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi...Have just bought a used Carioca 656. Having never ever had or driven a Motorhome I am open to any of you seasoned homeee's to advise me on anything I should be aware of. I am a mum of two young adults(19/20yrs) with additional needs and have booked a pitch (lol listen to me getting into the speil lol) at Wooda Farm in Bude Cornwall last week in August. Soooo if any of you kind peeps can advise me on anything I would be greatful. Before we go on our great adventure. Oh it's a 05 plate so does anyone know if passenger seat can swivel around? I know we dont have central locking. Thank You All p.s. I dont have Warts really lol
smiley-smile.gif

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi, and welcome! Do I HAVE to call you that, or is it OK to use the first name on your e-mail address?
I saw your post yesterday, but thought I'd see who else chipped in with words of wisdom first - no sign of them though, maybe they've all been away at Glastonbury!
First thing I'd suggest for you as a newcomer to the lifestyle is to use the next few weeks to collect duplicates of everything you need in the kitchen and bathroom. You'll cut down both on the time you need to be ready to go, AND the chance of forgetting something important!
Some tinned food, enough for a couple of meals for all of you, would be worth keeping on board too. The idea is to be able to decide on the spur of the moment that it looks like being a nice week/weekend/etc, and just GO! Some people even go as far as to keep a change of clothes in the van!
Beyond that, what you'll need will depend on what sort of trips you plan to do. Let's see who else contributes now the weekend's over!
Welcome to Maura as well! California - land of the most ENORMOUS RV motorhomes. Is that what you've got?

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Not only am I new to motorhomes but I am new to this posting scenario, this is my first ever.
We are early retired people ready to buy a campervan and or motorhome.
We have a very small budget and no experience so joining Practical Motorhome seemed like a good way to start so lets see how we get on.
In Faith Iman

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi
New to this group, known to my friends as Bigrog we have a classic American Tiffin Allegro 1980 30' motor home, lots of money spent making it waterproof, comfortable and reliable. My wife and I have toured extensively here and on the Continent and (expensively 8 mpg on LPG & 10 on petrol).

We used to belong to ARVE but could not manage when it went to internet only, instead of monthly magazine which was very informative and easy to store "really miss it."

We like Rallying and making new friends especially if they have an ARV so as to swap ideas and problem solving, plus good sites which welcome American R Vs. We are based in the Midlands and have been motor homing for ten years.

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Of course you're welcome Roger! But I don't know if there are any other ARV fans on here to form a section. American RVs are truly amazing machines, but how do you cope with UK roads - let alone parking?

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi folks,I was in the bongo fury club (still am) and a member of the wildcamping club.got myself a lhd hymer b544 fiat Ducato 2.5 td ,bn to France this year first time using the aires and ended at honfleur and loved it.always bought practical mag but decided to join up .look forward to this forum

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi 1957, welcome!
Glad you enjoyed your first trip over the water. Lots of motorhomers regard France as just about the most welcoming country in reach. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi 1957 Look after your Hymer!!! I've a 1993 B 594 which I found in Germany, looked at newer vans, I even had a new Chausson before this one but as my avatar shows there aint nothing new under the skin!

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi, my wife and I are new to motorhomes. We have a 35 yr old Sherpa highwayman 18ft side door, which Ibelieve is now rare. We call him "GRU" and he is in quite good nick!! He is our rolling project. Hope to learn more as we go along. Cheers Rob Issy.

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Welcome RobnIssy, It sounds like an interesting project you have going on there.

If you have any questions just ask away. If we can't answer, the chances are that someone on this forum will know someone who can.

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi Ray, welcome to civilisation!
No bitchiness on here, just friendly fun and helpful advice (or in your case as an experienced MHer, the chance to OFFER it!) Of course, that means it's not quite as busy as the "Dark Side," but all the better for that.
Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Congratulation Rob & Issy, sure it will be a rare after 35years, although Highwayman was common in it's day it was also built on the Commer base (& IIRC also the Transit & Bedford CF) Good luck with your project & enjoy your new adventures.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts