Well at least I got to watch the Rugby...

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I have spent quite a lot of time and effort getting everything in place for our transition from camping under canvass to caravanning; the usual stuff, insurance policies, swapping my reliable yet undersized ford focus for a tank of a Nissan terrano (which needed a new tow hitch and 13 pin electrics fitting), sorting out a place to stow the caravan when not being used, buying a new caravan and getting the motor movers fitted, sorting out an awning and all the other stuff that one does. I had even arranged with my wife, to take a day’s leave from work to pop down to the dealership and take custody of our tin-tent and have the kids picked up from school by my parents… it was all planned and running smoothly, the car loaded up with our bedding, food, camping chairs, clothes and so on we had just dropped the car seat off to my folks and the clutch started feeling funny. Two miles down the road and it sounded like someone using a giant hammer drill; time to stop. The clutch return bearing has completely gone and with it our long anticipated weekend away in our new van; gutted was an understatement.
The car is at the garage from where we bought it being repaired (fair dos to them, the clutch wasn’t covered under the warranty apparently but they are doing the work and covering the costs). Roll on next weekend when we will go for the second attempt at our first weekend away in our new caravan…

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.........bad luck :(

Towing will soon bring to your attention any problem big or small.......the vehicle is under a much greater stress.

There is not much I do not know about the diesel Nissan Terrano........so if you want to know anything you can always ask and I will do my best to help.
Mine is a 2001 SE+ on 131000 miles owned from new.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Mine is a 2.7L turbo diesel with 128,000 on the clock, 53 plate, two previous owners the latter of which was registered disabled. Now I know that this shouldn't make a difference but it meant that I couldn't do my tax online and had to deregister from disabled ownership for some reason; it also means that there is a chance that it did a lot of shorter trips rather than longer ones which may explain the premature exit of the clutch. Anyway the Garage is fitting a whole new clutch for me so that will be in good order. I also had the rear brake cylinders renewed as they were weeping slightly, it also has new brake pads on the front. Hopefully it’ll last me a few years.
If I have any queries I shall ask.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts