Westacott Farm Westward Ho! North Devon

May 11, 2021
Visit site
I am always looking for inspiration for new sites to try - this one looks great and worth holding in the 'future options' bank. I wonder, though, if you meant "Westacott Farm" as this is what I found when searching with Google.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I am always looking for inspiration for new sites to try - this one looks great and worth holding in the 'future options' bank. I wonder, though, if you meant "Westacott Farm" as this is what I found when searching with Google.
Aha, correct. I hate predictive text. I’ve changed it thanks👍

Reactions: figbat

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Beachball. If you like individual bathrooms check out Harbury Fields Farm. Large flat fully serviced pitches as well. Near Leamington Spa. You get to choose your own pitch but I am sure they would reserve you one next to the showers if you rang and asked.
Mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
There you are BB stop half way at Harbury Farm and then on to the delights of Devon and Cornwall. A lot closer than visiting Monsieur Macron🤪

Reactions: Parksy
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi Beachball. If you like individual bathrooms check out Harbury Fields Farm. Large flat fully serviced pitches as well. Near Leamington Spa. You get to choose your own pitch but I am sure they would reserve you one next to the showers if you rang and asked.
Mel
That’s a really nice site and not far off of the main Fosse north south route. BB could tread in the path of the Roman Legions from Lincoln to Devon by following the Fosse nearly throughout its length

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustydog and Parksy
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
That’s a really nice site and not far off of the main Fosse north south route. BB could tread in the path of the Roman Legions from Lincoln to Devon by following the Fosse nearly throughout its length
Good shout. And BB could further break his journey with an overnight at CAMC Cirencester Park👍

Reactions: otherclive
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Mel
Hi Mel it a lovely site we have enquired about stopping there and it on the list

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Good shout. And BB could further break his journey with an overnight at CAMC Cirencester Park👍
Yes another very nice site good for going to look around Cirencester and the nearby Bathurst country parkland and woods is adjacent. A big plus is its virtually no distance from the route south or north.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The last time we were down there was twelve years ago and we stopped at Waterrow touring park Taunton and that site was fantastic

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
The last Woosiefest site. Nearly in Devon BB😜
Been there as well, quite recently, following Woosie recommendations as I didn’t make the fest. Lovely site. Good nearby pub. Walked into the nearest town (Wivliscombe). Also very nice but the walk was 3 miles up and down some very serious hills. Ended up walking back as well, as missed the bus and not a taxi for miles. Up and down some very serious hills again!
mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Been there as well, quite recently, following Woosie recommendations as I didn’t make the fest. Lovely site. Good nearby pub. Walked into the nearest town (Wivliscombe). Also very nice but the walk was 3 miles up and down some very serious hills. Ended up walking back as well, as missed the bus and not a taxi for miles. Up and down some very serious hills again!
mel
The Rock Inn Mel.
Fine dining at reasonable prices. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Yesterday the long downhill walk along the Clovelly cobbles nearly killed us. Glad you enjoyed Waterrow. A lovely site .

Reactions: Mel
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
mel
We're driving there tomorrow Mel, ha ha.
Farmers market in the morning.

Reactions: Mel
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Sat here now DD, got here at last.
Doctors appointment arranged for this morning so yesterday decided sod it and booked Watterrow and get away for 3 nights. Not disappointed at all.
Oh I'm following Hutchs footsteps with a pint as well.
Hi Kev i hope you have a great break and enjoy a pint 🍺

Reactions: Gagakev
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sat here now DD, got here at last.
Doctors appointment arranged for this morning so yesterday decided sod it and booked Watterrow and get away for 3 nights. Not disappointed at all.
Oh I'm following Hutchs footsteps with a pint as well.
A well deserved break for you and Mags👏👏A great place and The Rock Inn a short walk away🍺🍺.Enjoy

Reactions: Gagakev
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
A well deserved break for you and Mags👏👏A great place and The Rock Inn a short walk away🍺🍺.Enjoy
Thanks DD , very disappointed now!
Was saving the Rock Inn for a treat for Sunday lunch. Oh no, just checked Web site and they are not open Sundays and Monday's. 😭
Oh well never mind as with tradition persistent rain this morning with showers in the afternoon. Sunny tomorrow though so cadac is the only other option.

Reactions: Hutch and Parksy
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks DD , very disappointed now!
Was saving the Rock Inn for a treat for Sunday lunch. Oh no, just checked Web site and they are not open Sundays and Monday's. 😭
Oh well never mind as with tradition persistent rain this morning with showers in the afternoon. Sunny tomorrow though so cadac is the only other option.
We are outside Weston Super and rain most of yesterday with some really heavy downpours. Not been into Weston yet as they are having Pride parades over the weekend and the town is probably too busy for us.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts