Whale Aquasource Mains Water Hook Up

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There are two types of water hook up fir serviced pitches. One which has the feeder hose going directly into the caravan with a pressure regulator in the line. The other has a float valve arrangement that fits into aquaroll. People have their own preferences. I prefer the aquaroll float valve. Two reasons. One you cannot get mains pressure into the caravan systems. Secondly in the event the service tap has an issue you can still get water into the aquaroll from elsewhere on the site.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
If you want to get rid of aquaroll you would need to be on a fully serviced pitch all the time.
Why would you want to risk the mains adaptor failing, thus pumping full pressure into the vans pipe work which it is not designed to take and flooding you out?
Not saying dont use one but your choice.
You could also change to Aquaroll mains adaptor which fits into your aquaroll and less of a worry.
Good luck on your choice.

EDIT: OC beat me to it!!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have no personal knowledge of such a failure, but it’s an engineering fact that valves can fail. Hence my preference for retaining the aquaroll. Plus if you go onto non serviced sites such as CL/CS you would still need an aquaroll.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks both, I was worried about it failing yes, has this happened to anyone

Yes it has and I have seen and had to sort out the issues on somewhere around 4 caravans in the course of my work.
One outstanding time the owners had only picked up their brand new van 5 hours earlier and when I got to them water was pouring out of the van in numerous places, including the door.
The van was written off eventually.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I thought about both when I first started to occasionally use fully serviced pitches. In the end, I went for aquaroll and float. As when not on FS pitches, I normally carry two aquarolls, I make do with one on FS.

Reactions: otherclive
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There are two other subsiduary reasons why the float valve system can offer some important advantages.

The first is the typical pressure reducers that I have seen and tested often also restrict the flow rate and as a consequence caravanners have reported their no good for showers. Pumps can often be better for flow rate.

And secondly it far from unknown that a site with multiple taps can have varying or reduced pressure and flow pressure if many of the taps are in use at the same time. Having the water barrel and float valve will give you a significant buffer and ride out the dips in supply.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Plus you can buy a float system quite cheaply and then if you change your van take it with you if the new van has a different inlet system. I would reiterate that this also retains your flexibility - last year stayed at Dornafield which is a terrific site with fully serviced pitches, but my overnight stops on the way needed the aquaroll and the wastemaster.

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
I use mine on fully serviced pitches. I have an onboard tank which I fill (carefully watching the volume indicator just in case). When full I turn off the tap. Works well and saves filling and attaching the Aquaroll- but I still have to carry the Aquaroll for non-serviced pitches.

I was wary at first but am now quite impressed.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Whether you have the float system of the Whale direct, both can flood the caravan. We have been using the Whale aquasource for the past 6 years no issue, but then we do not turn the mains water tap full on.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
How can using the float in your aqua roll flood the caravan, surely if there isn’t a tap switch on it’s only the aqua roll that will overflow or am I missing something.

BP

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
How can using the float in your aqua roll flood the caravan, surely if there isn’t a tap switch on it’s only the aqua roll that will overflow or am I missing something.

BP
If there is a leak inside the caravan it will keep pumping in water as long as there is water in the barrel. So if mains tap is left switched on, one flooded caravan. Seen it happen on a site.

Reactions: GeorgeandAde

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
Whether you have the float system of the Whale direct, both can flood the caravan. We have been using the Whale aquasource for the past 6 years no issue, but then we do not turn the mains water tap full on.
Neither do we. Plus, as stated, once our tank is full we turn off the pitch tap. Easy!

Reactions: Buckman
Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
If there is a leak inside the caravan it will keep pumping in water as long as there is water in the barrel. So if mains tap is left switched on, one flooded caravan. Seen it happen on a site.

I never thought of that🤔

Good tip to remember👍

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Whether you have a mains water float system or if you are just using a normal barrel, a full barrel of water will still do quite a lot of damage, the fact its connected to mains is barely relevant, the problem is with the caravan pipe work not the barrel or the source of water,

This point is worth noting but its a bit of a diversion from the OP's question.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
So if you use the float in the aqua roll, to flood the caravan you need to leave a tap turned on and then the pipe work in the caravan has to all of a sudden start a leak, the chances of that set of circumstances occurring after you leave the caravan with a tap left on, mmmm let me think how to work out what the odds of that happening might be, actually I shan’t bother as the odds are too long to work out,

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
So if you use the float in the aqua roll, to flood the caravan you need to leave a tap turned on and then the pipe work in the caravan has to all of a sudden start a leak, the chances of that set of circumstances occurring after you leave the caravan with a tap left on, mmmm let me think how to work out what the odds of that happening might be, actually I shan’t bother as the odds are too long to work out,
And you'd need to leave the pump turned on!

The odds are not impossible but it is fairly unlikely, and its not directly relevant to the OPs question.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Surely just a leak from a pipe in the caravan would be all that is required. The pump doesn’t know if it’s a tap turned on or a failed pipe joint. Except for micro switched taps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts