Whale i-van touchscreen

Apr 1, 2021
Visit site
I’ve just bought a 2014 Bailey Pegasus which has the Whale touchscreen control panel (part IV1002B). Seems like a great piece of kit but a little unresponsive which I thought I could live with. That said, after five minutes playing with it I pressed a little too hard (but not really) and cracked the screen. The whole unit (and therefore the caravan) is unusable and suppliers seem sparse. The rep at Whale just gave me the name of one of their listed distributors and I’m waiting for them to get back to me. The only website listing the part with a price is primaleisure at £650 (!). Any help sourcing a new or used one would be much appreciated.

Secondly, does anyone have experience with these touchscreens and are they liable to break easily or was it just me? The fact that it’s a difficult part to find suggests they don’t fail often. Can the screen be protected or reinforced in any way, maybe with a trimmed down phone screen protector?

Otherwise, I’m having a great day and love my new van 😒655AFED9-E231-4B37-86B9-57815D7FBE1E.jpeg

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The unit is specifically made by Whale for manufacturers so you will need to go through the dealer for a replacement. You may get lucky with a caravan breaker?
On eBay there is one for sale at £300.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The unit is specifically made by Whale for manufacturers so you will need to go through the dealer for a replacement. You may get lucky with a caravan breaker?
Well i would not be interested in getting anything of E bay to each its own

Apr 1, 2021
Visit site

Thanks for the reply. The only ones on eBay are a different model (three switches above the panel). Going to try some breakers today. I’ll see if Bailey themselves can quote for one as well.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Whale were my first attempt. They didn’t seem interested. Gave the name of one of the distributors listed on their website.
Normally Whale are one of the most helpful suppliers? They don't sell direct to the public so it is through a third party. Strange that the panel should break so easily.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts