Whale water heater not heating

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
I have a whale 8 liter heater in my 2015 Elddis 304 that's not heating water on gas or electricity .Ive checked the trip switch and fuses and for power at the board there is gas going to the other appliances. The led on the switch board is flashing 5 times I rang whale who were very helpful and suggested switching it on and off to reset it . but it is still not working . Would the temperature sensor stop the unit from heating on gas and electric ?

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
From a previous post from myself

when we had a voltage drop we were told the heating would have to be reset by doing this kind of method a few clicks to the right but within a few seconds of each other as this happened to us in France and I rang the Bailey's team and they talked me through it and he presto the system reset itself .

Good luck .

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Basically you turn the thermostat knob to its hottest setting. Then switch the heater on, off and on again within 2.5 seconds. Google “whale electrical lock” out for more info.
Good luck.
Let us know if it works
Mel

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
Thanks Mel
I've tried everything at this stage .
Still won't power up .From what I gathered on the net the gas can still run when theres a problem with the electric and vise versa . Strange one

Jan 9, 2018
Visit site
Hi Ray,
My name is Rachel and I work in the marketing team for Whale.
Please contact our Customer Support Team who will do all they can to assist you with your query. Contact details below.
Tel: 02891 270531 (weekdays) or 0845 217 2933 (weekends)
Email: info@whalepumps.com
Alternatively send me the best number to get you on in a private message and I will get one of our team to give you a call today.
Best wishes
Rachel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would like to say a big thank you to Whale for being bold enough to engage with people on this forum. :cheer: Its a shame that other manufacturers do not follow suit. :huh:

May 7, 2012
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
I would like to say a big thank you to Whale for being bold enough to engage with people on this forum. :cheer: Its a shame that other manufacturers do not follow suit. :huh:

They do shame the rest of the industry which is a pity as most caravans use other peoples rubbish.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Raywood said:
ProfJohnL said:

They do shame the rest of the industry which is a pity as most caravans use other peoples rubbish.

Thats a bit harsh Ray,

Just becasue a manufacture does not use the forum does not necessarily make their products rubbish. equally it does not necessarily make Whale products the best!

Remember the days when Powertouch would almost bend over backwards to help any of their products? It generally meant their customer would willingly praise Powertouch, But it did not mean their products were any better, just that their after sales service was very good, which made people feel better about recommending them.

In practice I doubt that Powertouch products were statistically better than many other makes, they might have been worse. but companies that keep customers happy with a hassle free after sales service happy often get more praise becasue its extra-ordinary.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Ray, if you don’t mind me asking, how much was it? We had trouble with our Whale heater and thought it was the PCB, but then ran it on gas and then it worked again on electric. The service guy thought it may have been some condensation on the PCB. Hopefully that Was the right explanation but just wondered about the cost in case it is an intermittent fault and the beginning of the end for PCB.
Thanks in advance
Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts