What are these wires…

Sep 3, 2022
Visit site
Could someone please confirm what these wires are.
I would like to install a round USB port charger, and I’d like to use these wires, could I use the yellow and white ? And leave the black and red/black connected (it goes into a 2 pin style 12v plug)

would it matter which of the wires I used? Also I have no leisure battery if that’s makes any difference.

many thanks
03042950-0B30-49C7-99EA-EB9DA4C2516A.jpeg

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Presumably you are showing a picture of the rear of a 12 volt socket. If so, as far as I can see there are only two connections, therefore it must be a positive and a negative. Identify these with a tester and link to them. But that will mean two more wires and may overcrowd the connections.

John

Sep 3, 2022
Visit site
Presumably you are showing a picture of the rear of a 12 volt socket. If so, as far as I can see there are only two connections, therefore it must be a positive and a negative. Identify these with a tester and link to them. But that will mean two more wires and may overcrowd the connections.

John
Hi John yes 12v socket that never gets used. Could I not take out the yellow and white and leave the red/black red in the 12v socket ?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi John yes 12v socket that never gets used. Could I not take out the yellow and white and leave the red/black red in the 12v socket ?

Two of the wires will be feeds, the other pair will be feeding something else.

It's looks like the white and yellow are part of the original harness as the are taped together. And the other two have been a later addition. But that is guesswork on my part.

John

Aug 5, 2022
Visit site
On my Bailey yellow is often a positive feed, white is always negative. Those two look quite substantial and original as John says, quite likely the 12v feed. If you disconnect the smaller wires and they are indeed feeding something else it will cut that off. Can you see where the smaller wires go? You can check all this by separating all wires and putting a multimeter on the yellow white and then the other pair of wires and confirming if pair 1 is the 12v feed. To keep everything working including the socket you likely need to join all 3 positives and all 3 negatives including a new +/- to the new socket. If you do that you might need to consider overall amps of load in the case that something substantial is connected to those smaller wires, though hopefully not. You say you don’t use the socket so hopefully are not worried about the load from that too much.

Steve

Reactions: Jcloughie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts