What could you tow with?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Right, you have just bought that new twin axle Hobby that you always promiced yourself. It's great , alll you could have hoped for. There's just one problem, your old Nissan Micra isn't up to the job of towing it.

You know that gordon Brown has just stolen all of your gold and silver, but wait, he forgot to fleece your back pocket. You find £2000 deep within (don't we all?) and that's your budget. So, for that sum of money, what can you buy. You need the biggest bestest tow car that you can find, and it must be on sale, somewhere at this time.

A picture would be nice, or a link to a picture, and if you know how much the RFL is, all the better.

1998 S SSANGYONG Musso 2.3 GLS 79.000 miles

Whole heap of car for £1999
media

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Liz, please stay on the topic, re-read the question and comment.

Hey, look, I couldn't help myself, sorry, but blame the brandy.....

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sod you lot with you brand new 4x4s and new large engined high emmission cars. I am OK as I have a 1998 Daihatsu Fourtrack and can pollute the atmosphere as much as I like and my road tax has only risen by

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As it is electrically propelled it should not cost you anything. The mind is now working overtime here - an electric golf buggy driven by a girl guide with a blue light on top and towing a caravan speeding around a caravan site.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Nevermind the campsite I was thinking more on the road, its already fitted with tow hitch, just a few minor adjusts needed, maybe heavy duty batteries, I would need to recharge batteries about once a day, unless I carried more batteries in the cage at the back. Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To be really eco friendly to Mr. Brown and the green brigade why not have pedals fitted so that on easier stretches of road you could help save battery energy by having dual poser of battery and pedal. Now that should get you a few browny points and a gong from our future PM.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Liz being serious for a minute - you said there is a tow ball on the buggy. If so hitch a caravan to it, put a few suitcases in the back of the buggy, have your husband with you and wave to site visitors as if you are leaving the site. Take a photo of it and send it into the magazine - could be worth a few quid if they print it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Liz being serious for a minute - you said there is a tow ball on the buggy. If so hitch a caravan to it, put a few suitcases in the back of the buggy, have your husband with you and wave to site visitors as if you are leaving the site. Take a photo of it and send it into the magazine - could be worth a few quid if they print it.
Label the photo as eco friendly caravanners to satisfy the green forlk.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Label the photo as eco friendly caravanners to satisfy the green forlk.
I will do that when we bring our tourer back from somerset, changing the subject I liked cris's song to Lisa,very good,I hope Moderator will be able to email all these messages to her, she must be feeling really low, all these messages might do the trick, everybody is trying so hard. Take must retire now early start in the morning, its so tiring driving that buggy around site.Liz

TRENDING THREADS