What Is A CL ?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi Guys, having lived in Australia for so long i cannot remember what a CL is, can someone enlighten me.
When i lived in the UK i remember we stayed at what was no more than a farmers field in the Lake District with a huge drain to throw all your waste into, there was no electric hook up etc or water you had to get the water from the only one stand pipe.
Is this what a CL is and if so have they improved over the years as that was 13yrs ago.
How do i find out more about CL,s is there a web site, what does CL stand for and does anyone know of a good CL in or close to Ashton In Makerfield/Warrington areas.
Thanks
Tony

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Auspom said:
How do i find out more about CL,s is there a web site, what does CL stand for
Thanks
Tony
Hi Tony
CL= Certified Location. These are small sites limited to a maximum of 5 caravans and only available to members of the Caravan Club.
CS= Certified Site. Same as above but only available to members of the Caravan and Camping Club.
Facilities seem to vary from site to site. Some have electric hook ups, some have shower and w.c while others have only chemical and waste disposal point and fresh water.

The web sites of both clubs will give you full details of all their small sites plus their locations. Don't know about the C & C C but the Caravan Club has a good search facility for their CL, just tick what facilities you want on a site, state the location you are after and a list of suitable sites will be provided.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Like people say, it can vary, and the price, from the farmers field with the basics to a mini club site with all facilities.
If you see one get the post code and put it into Google Maps. Sometimes you can see the site with their aerial view. Also use Streetview to see what the surrounding roads are like as well as the front of the property.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Rob-T said:
Auspom said:
How do i find out more about CL,s is there a web site, what does CL stand for
Thanks
Tony
Hi Tony
CL= Certified Location. These are small sites limited to a maximum of 5 caravans and only available to members of the Caravan Club.
CS= Certified Site. Same as above but only available to members of the Caravan and Camping Club.
Facilities seem to vary from site to site. Some have electric hook ups, some have shower and w.c while others have only chemical and waste disposal point and fresh water.

The web sites of both clubs will give you full details of all their small sites plus their locations. Don't know about the C & C C but the Caravan Club has a good search facility for their CL, just tick what facilities you want on a site, state the location you are after and a list of suitable sites will be provided.
Hi Rob
CL = Certificated Location

CS = Certificated Site

As a mad dog I'm the only one Certified on here and I belong to the Woosie Club
smiley-laughing.gif

However for me a CL is a "Cecret Location" I keep to myself because it is so good.
smiley-wink.gif

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Rob

CS = Certificated Site

smiley-laughing.gif

However for me a CL is a "Cecret Location" I keep to myself because it is so good.
smiley-wink.gif

[/quote]

smiley-laughing.gif

Hi Dusty Dog, I think it's time that dog licences were re-introduced. Some of you canines are getting too big for your leads!
smiley-laughing.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Rob-T said:
Hi Rob

CS = Certificated Site

smiley-laughing.gif

smiley-wink.gif

smiley-laughing.gif

Hi Dusty Dog, I think it's time that dog licences were re-introduced. Some of you canines are getting too big for your leads!
smiley-laughing.gif

[/quote]
Hi Rob
As King of The Woosies, I'll consult with my Chief Woosie, Gagakev and ask if he will agree to you joining the Woosie Club. Your above response shows a good sense of humour so I have proposed you , hopefully Woosie Kev will second.
smiley-cool.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts