What model water pump in a 2021 Bailey Black Edition Vigo?

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone please tell me what model of water pump is used with the new Bailey Vigo 2021 model caravan?
I have one on order, but the pump in my previous van has developed an intermittent fault and I'm trying to decide whether to buy a spare (which I would hope to take to the new van) or just live with the problem until we trade in.
My current van has a Whale EP1642 Water Master pump.
Thanks

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Looking at the specs for the new Vigo, it will have a high flow Whale submersible pump.

I would think that the Whale EP1642 is a high flow pump.

B21D5CB6-5767-457D-99FE-8AA53582A454.jpeg

It is good, (though expensive) to carry a spare, but sometimes the intermittent action of the pump can be a poor connection in the connection to the van. Try cleaning the terminals and slightly bending them to improve it.

John

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Looking at the specs for the new Vigo, it will have a high flow Whale submersible pump.

I would think that the Whale EP1642 is a high flow pump.

View attachment 1617

It is good, (though expensive) to carry a spare, but sometimes the intermittent action of the pump can be a poor connection in the connection to the van. Try cleaning the terminals and slightly bending them to improve it.

John
Hi
The pump in our first van (1991) failed,we bought a spare which we never used and it's still lying in the garage.
Hope you never need to use your spare !

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks both - that's exactly what I needed.

Yes it does seem to be some sort of poor connection where the unit plugs into the van, but I have cleaned and "adjusted" both terminals to no avail. The pump mostly works fine with a little pressure on the top of the blue pipe where it joins the actual plug unit, so I'm suspecting a poor wiring connection inside. The plug does not appear to be built to be taken apart.

I've fudged it by resting the water barrel handle on top of the pipe.....
Thanks again.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi
The pump in our first van (1991) failed,we bought a spare which we never used and it's still lying in the garage.
Hope you never need to use your spare !

I do carry a spare, but not wanting to pay approx £50 I got one for about £5. The plan is, if my Whale fails, I will wire the cheap one in which will put us on until I can get a replacement.

We once had our pump stolen from the van during the night, Love to have a shower first thing.

John

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I was in go outdoors yesterday at Coventry branch, everything reduced as closing in mid June for a refurbishment, I decided to buy a spare whale high flow submersible pump and it was reduced to £45 so snapped it up as at my local dealer it’s £70.

BP

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Thanks both - that's exactly what I needed.

Yes it does seem to be some sort of poor connection where the unit plugs into the van, but I have cleaned and "adjusted" both terminals to no avail. The pump mostly works fine with a little pressure on the top of the blue pipe where it joins the actual plug unit, so I'm suspecting a poor wiring connection inside. The plug does not appear to be built to be taken apart.

I've fudged it by resting the water barrel handle on top of the pipe.....
Thanks again.

The Pistol grip will come apart, from memory it clips together.

John

Jan 9, 2018
Visit site
Hi
My name is Hayley and I work in the marketing team at Whale.
Please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team who will do all they can to assist you with your query. You can call them on 0345 9090 911 or email info@whalepumps.com.
Alternatively, please privately send me the best number to get you on and I will get one of our team to give you a call.
Best wishes,
Hayley

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate you offer, Hayley. I'm impressed that your company monitors these conversations.
We have actually resolved our problem for the moment - I have discovered that the pump on our new Bailey Vigo has a different Whale pump from our current Coachman VIP van, so I'm not inclined to buy a spare for this van just for the last 2 weeks of use.

Reactions: Whale

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts