What on earth is happening in this country?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Boy murdered for his dog.

A gang of teenagers chanted "kill him, kill him" as they chased down a 16-year-old boy to steal his dog before stabbing him to death. The attack happened in an exclusive west London street where houses sell for over £1m each.

The teenager has been identified as Kodjo Yenga by the Evening Standard newspaper.

The paper said his attackers, all boys in school uniform and aged about 14, set two of their own dogs on him as they chanted.

They are believed to have been trying to take his Staffordshire bull terrier - a much prized gang accessory - which he would not hand over.

Kodjo was knifed in the heart and leg and kicked as he lay dying in the residential street.

The Evening Standard said Kodjo is reported to have been identified as a member of a rival gang and could also have been the victim of a 'turf war'.

A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said seven youths were in custody, four aged 13, two aged 15 and one aged 21.

A long stretch of Hammersmith Grove was cordoned off and bunches of flowers have been left outside a row of shops where the teenager was stabbed.

One eyewitness, who did not want to be named, said she had seen the teenager being chased by a gang.

"I saw a fight at the top of the road. There were a big gang of guys chasing a guy with a dog, chucking sticks and shouting.

"I had to swerve my car because they were throwing things, and the police were there two minutes later," she said.

Detective Chief Inspector Tony Nash said: "We know there would have been a lot of people in the area at the time of the murder.

"I would urge anyone who saw what happened or who has any other information about those responsible to come forward to police."

Anyone with information is urged to call Crimestoppers anonymously on .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi LMH - the only people who can tell you what is wrong with the country is the PC and the civil rights brigade and they will spout out any excuse to justify some of the abominable behaviour going on . I hate to say this but a good dose of national service is required with the age brought down to 14. A good dollop of square bashing would soon reduce the people killing and people bashing down to a minimum. I predict that within 10 years (or maybe less )that gun law (like the drugs scene )will be endemic in this once sane country of ours!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A nobel idea VIP2006. But a flawed one. A dose of national service might correct a few of these misguided souls (remebering this is a family forum), however I have a sneaky suspician that it will make some of them better at the crimes that they are already commiting. More efficiant (insert your own descriptive expletive word here), not something I would like to have to think about.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The answer is build more prisons instead of the waste of money on the 2012 Olympics, stiffer sentences and make the panalty fit the crime. Two ways of achieving this would be either follow the Middle Eastern countries regarding sentence, I am not a supporter of stoning but bring back the death penalty. Secondly in the case of child murder, rape or any other crime involving children lock the culprit up in a room with a few mothers - they would be too scared to commit any crime again.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I could agree with that. make the punishment fit the crime. In fact, get the criminals to build the prisons in the first place. Then stone them.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
I do not think thats the answer stone them, it only makes us as bad as them. sorry but if only you look back and how this country was 25 or 30 years ago you might find the answer.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
What is happening is and open border policy, look at the areas where a lot of these things happen. The answer is staring us in the face but the PC crowd are blind and will not let the truth come out.

Where we lived before there are virtual no go areas not to far away but the police, council, politicians and press skirt around the issues.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lol forgot to add to my previous posting that should the criminal be of foreign descent as soon as they have served their time in prison deport them back to their mother country no matter what part of the world they are from. Why should we support foreigners in this country if thet do not recognise our laws and way of life. If any person wishes to enter this country and take up British citizenship they should pull their weight regarding work and recognise the laws of this country whether they agree with them or not. If we went to their country and broke their laws we would have very little sympathy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I do not think thats the answer stone them, it only makes us as bad as them. sorry but if only you look back and how this country was 25 or 30 years ago you might find the answer.
True, we need the stone for the prisons. I'll have to think about this some more and get back to you.

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Lol forgot to add to my previous posting that should the criminal be of foreign descent as soon as they have served their time in prison deport them back to their mother country no matter what part of the world they are from. Why should we support foreigners in this country if thet do not recognise our laws and way of life. If any person wishes to enter this country and take up British citizenship they should pull their weight regarding work and recognise the laws of this country whether they agree with them or not. If we went to their country and broke their laws we would have very little sympathy.
The trouble is, the armed forces would not want most of these people. Why take the trouble to train these thugs, etc, when there are perfectly good people who will volenteer to serve in the forces, the rubish will always get filtered out.

You could compulsary enlist them in the infantry, send them direct to the front line with basic training, hopefully they will "clear" the path for the better soldier.

If they don't and get popped off, then it saves the cost of an asbo, rehabilitation, etc.

Same goes with drug takers, the scurge of society.

They get help from the nhs, with free methadone, etc. Does a smoker receive free nicotine patches and other aids to help them kick the habit, NO they have to be paid for.

Flood the streets with lethally poisened heroin, cocaine, crack and the rest. That should bring it to a swift ending.

The problem today is, we are too soft, there is not enough discipline or respect.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Building prisons and reacting with an iron fist are very easy answers but they don't get to the core of the problem - what makes young people tick to do things like that (and older ones too for that matter)? Perhaps if their parents had taken a bit more time with and interest in their children, the signs would have become apparent already at pre-school age where one still has half a chance of getting kids like that back on the right rails. But if the parents leave them unattended at their play stations and later on with all the sick stuff that some computer games and the internet has to offer without having to search very far, or together with peers that are into that sort of thing, one shouldn't be surprised that that will be the outcome. Self-confident children aren't susceptible as they don't have to prove to others what extremes they can go to. It's always better to act rather than have to react.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I think you are way way off the mark Lutz.

We believe a lot of the problems are caused by resentment> My wife works in education and spends a lot of time in so called deprived areas. The eduaction authorities who she works for and others refuse to see the resentment problems and if you speak out you are shouted down.

We know of a huge cover up at the moment that has been going on for some years in SE England. The PC brigade sprang into action and disolved the problem only to find it is happening again because they are to PC and will not tackle the truth.

Communities are being split but being PC comes first!

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I don't see that our two replies contradict at all, Cris. I think yours is just as valid, just a view from another angle. The problem is so complex that there is no easy answer. Resentment is also a sign of lack of self-confidence.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
Steven

"You could compulsary enlist them in the infantry, send them direct to the front line with basic training, hopefully they will "clear" the path for the better soldier."

One big problem - picture this

Afghanistan - where the taliban have easy access to heroin if they do not produce it themselves.

We send busloads of disseffected druggies to fight the taliban, what are the taliban going to do?

In their shoes I would make sure that the druggies got plenty of what they were after.

Now our best troops have got to get through them before they even get to the taliban.

I can't see them thanking anyone for that.

I do agree with the posters that say the PC brigade are responsible for most of the problems we are seeing nowadays.

I do not think national service is the answer because the forces would be hindered by them.

Perhaps a cross between a prison and a boot camp - Guantanamo Bay style?

Normal prisons should be closer to our own military prisons.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A nobel idea VIP2006. But a flawed one. A dose of national service might correct a few of these misguided souls (remebering this is a family forum), however I have a sneaky suspician that it will make some of them better at the crimes that they are already commiting. More efficiant (insert your own descriptive expletive word here), not something I would like to have to think about.
A frontal lobotomy would be my answer, withe the emphasis of producing some idiots of being only capable of cleaning up dog S**t

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Thanks for your kind comment VIP2006!

If you think that rightly or wrongly people in lower socio economic groups and deprived areas are not resentfull of the way resources are used you are missing something.

People in professions such as teaching and health are fighting all the time as resources are not distributed equally.

My wifes area has parents playing up merry hell as resources for children with special needs and learning difficulties are not distributed equally and that is just one example and it is wide spread across the country.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
I think a good many folk lack traditional family values and morals and most of all respect.

My older sister is a divorce/family lawyer. When she qualified over thirty years ago she struggled to find work, today she heads a department of fifteen staff that grows by the year. Clearly she does not discuss individual cases but as she often comments you would only need to meet the type of people she deals with on a day to day basis to see where the problems stem from.

The latest growing trend she is having to deal with is when she confronts separating parents on custody of children neither want them!

I personally believe that youngsters these days push the boundaries around to suit them, those same boundaries in my day were firmly fixed.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Yes, Cris and Martyn. Locking them up isn't going to make the problem go away. It only closes one wound until it's free to open up again or until there's another one elsewhere.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Lol forgot to add to my previous posting that should the criminal be of foreign descent as soon as they have served their time in prison deport them back to their mother country no matter what part of the world they are from.

I bet you

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Doesn`t make the problem go away, but it gets the toe-rags off the streets.

Build as many prisons as are needed and keep them in for as long as it takes.

Inhumane? If they can`t behave like human beings in the first place what`s the problem.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
We've recently been witness to a case where one area is virtualy split in two, the people who live there know, the police know that they have one part that is a near no go area for them with drugdealers openly using it but the council and councillors do everything to make it out in the press that all is rosy.

Over

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What is all this waffle of providing things for youngsters as they are bored? I was a child of the 1950s and I was never bored at home - we made our own amusements and never ever got into trouble. We always told our parents where we were going and who was with us. The doctor, teacher, policeman and vicar were the pillars of society and were respected by the young and old. Children nowadays expect everything on a plate and if it is not to their satisfaction they will play holy hell. I had a smack at home and the cane in school and it did not do me any harm - if anything it taught me right from wrong.

These so called do gooders are in my opinion a bunch of head bangers who cannot find a decent days work and therefore call themselves social workers.

My wife applied to become a child minder and before she could be considered she had to attend courses on learning to cook for children and how to bring up and treat children. The individuals who were running these courses were single people in their early twenties straight out of college who had no family. My wife has raised two children who are both now respectable adults. Social do gooders be damned!!!!! Practical knowledge is worth far more than can be learned from any text book. How did our grand parents manage? who taught them how to raise a family and instil right and wrong into the children?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts