What really is a "view" ???

Dec 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi all,

I thought I would bring this up as it really needs pointing out.

A few weeks ago we decided to visit a site and when reading their website it says we could choose our own pitch, sounds great !!

So we rang them up and asked which pitch had a sea view and the owner told us a pitch number and said this pitch has spectacular views, we really wanted a view as we have had a lot of stress recently and we wanted to escape for a weekend and just relax in the van.

So we booked the pitch and this weekend eagerly made our way to the site. We did sit back for a minute and think though as per night it was costing us about £27 which is a bit steep for us, we decided to go though as we really wanted to relax.

We arrived at the site and were told where the pitch was, we drove around and when we got to the pitch we were gutted to say the least.

Our van overall is 23 foot and we just about got onto the pitch with the a frame just off the road, to make matters worse infront of us was a massive motorhome not even on a pitch and they told us they were having a party and to excuse the cars in and out.

This really put a downer on it and when we asked to move the site said no.

Well we set up and had no view at all, and then the car's arrived and the cd player went on.

I took a picture to show to the site owner and i will try to post it on here because i couldnt believe what our "sea view" was!!

Ok rant over, has anyone else experienced this ??

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
Ian,

Under the sale of goods & services act, the service, namely a pitch with "soectacular" views, clearly (pun intended) is not as described, plus the information given to you is tantamount to misrepresentation.

If I were you I would phone the site & ask for at least a partial refund & if the refuse then look up their local trading standards office, give them a call & supply them with the information plus all photos, it may be too late for you, but trading standards may stop anyone else being conned by this site.

Last but not least..........name & shame them!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts